Normal price for header install?

smokin03

Established Member
Doing a full exhaust this year and from what I have heard installing headers is a pain. I don't think I want to mess with it at all. I am looking at full headers, h pipe and ss catback. What should be a normal price range to have this installed?

RBB

Established Member
You can count on 6-8 hours of labor, possibly a little more depending on the installer's experience with the car. So multiply that by the shop's hourly rate and there you go....

Last edited:

Softballer77

Established Member
It's outrageous to have headers installed price wise. (seems around $800 is approximate labor).

It officially costs much more to install headers than it does a full clutch swap...

RBB

Established Member
Headers are a PITA.

Agreed. It is a PITA. A buddy of mine has his own shop and he was nice enough to let me bring my car over, put it on a lift and work with me on the install. He gave me a hand with a few things here and there, but I did the majority of the install by myself and I was there for a good 10 hours or so working at a reasonable pace. Very little room to work with, especially on the driver's side. It took me forever just to tighten a few of the bolts.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The previous owner of my 14 put ARH'S on, it was definitely a pleasant surprise for me when I went to have my MRT pipe swapped from my 13 I was trading in.

2V Terror

Established Member
You guys that have done this, did you have to drop the engine cradle? Lift the engine up? Anything like that? And despite it being a PITA to install, what kind of performance did you get? I can only imagine, what with intakes gaining 20+ hp to the wheels, you'd have to be gaining a very significant amount of hp and tq from headers.

RBB

Established Member
You guys that have done this, did you have to drop the engine cradle? Lift the engine up? Anything like that? And despite it being a PITA to install, what kind of performance did you get? I can only imagine, what with intakes gaining 20+ hp to the wheels, you'd have to be gaining a very significant amount of hp and tq from headers.
You'll want to drop the K member. Typical gains seem to be about 30HP, maybe less. They sound great, though, and you'll lose some boost.

Users who are viewing this thread