North Korea has a nuke??

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I love how N.Korea rants about how they want to destroy us and are making gains on their WMD development and all we are doing is pushing for sanctions. It doesn't matter how little the gain is, we are letting an enemy who hates us and wants nothing more than to see America burn to the ground further develop their weapon program. Oh you're getting closer to building a nuclear weapon, and when it's complete you are going to launch it at us? Let's just slap you on the wrist and call it a day. At least Bush had to balls to say nobody ****s with America and bombed the hell out of Iraq. Granted N.Korea didn't attack us yet, so it's a completely different situation, but come on. You think that sanctions are really going to stop them? It's like trying to pass the 10 round magazine crap...not gonna make a difference! At least tell China to get their bitch back in line or else we'll bitch slap em. I just wish this country still had its balls. I have no doubt that if the Cold War would have happened in today's age, we would have been the first to blink, not Russia. End of rant. I need some coffee.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Because NKorea won't have the balls to actually do something as stupid as launching a nuke at us.

North Korea is like that spoiled kid at the store who will scream and scream until his mommy gives him what he wants. Their people are staving and they depend on AID from US and China and who ever else helps them. This is the only way to continue to get what they want. It's just a cry for help.

China would flatten them out if they tried anything stupid. They have already made that clear too.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Because NKorea won't have the balls to actually do something as stupid as launching a nuke at us.

North Korea is like that spoiled kid at the store who will scream and scream until his mommy gives him what he wants. Their people are staving and they depend on AID from US and China and who ever else helps them. This is the only way to continue to get what they want. It's just a cry for help.

China would flatten them out if they tried anything stupid. They have already made that clear too.

Do they have the balls to do it? Maybe not. Are they stupid enough to do it anyways? Probably. It doesn't matter how many sanctions we lay down on them we will still give them aid, and I bet most of that aid doesn't make it to those who need it. And the N.Korean population more than likely don't know that the aid comes from us or anyone else. They are massively brainwashed. I'm just saying that if Kim Jong Il had the ability to launch a nuke at us during his ending days...he would have done it and no ****s would have been given by him.

NinjaBum

Established Member
If anything touched off with N. Korea, Seoul would be flattened in short order. They have the capability to hit Seoul with 20k artillery rounds per hour from north of the DMZ.

Yes they are well behind us in tech, but people need to stop thinking we could just go over there without getting our nose bloodied and kick them in the dick.

They have done estimates of what such a war would cost us and estimated within a month and a half up to half a million US and South Korean soldiers could be lost.

That is not to mention of course all of the damage to the South Korean infrastructure and loss of hundreds of thousands of civilian lives. Make no mistake, South Korea is a very big part of the world's economy, and the damage there would cause ripple effects throughout the global economy.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
In theory, even if they did manage to get something remotely close to us, couldn't we just shoot it out of the sky, and life would carry on as normal?

If it's a single warhead on a 60's era ICBM, the answer is most likely yes.

If it's a top of the line russian spec'd MIRV, then the answer is we'd get most of them, but some of them would certainly get through, and then a lot of people die.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I love how N.Korea rants about how they want to destroy us and are making gains on their WMD development and all we are doing is pushing for sanctions. It doesn't matter how little the gain is, we are letting an enemy who hates us and wants nothing more than to see America burn to the ground further develop their weapon program. Oh you're getting closer to building a nuclear weapon, and when it's complete you are going to launch it at us? Let's just slap you on the wrist and call it a day. At least Bush had to balls to say nobody ****s with America and bombed the hell out of Iraq. Granted N.Korea didn't attack us yet, so it's a completely different situation, but come on. You think that sanctions are really going to stop them? It's like trying to pass the 10 round magazine crap...not gonna make a difference! At least tell China to get their bitch back in line or else we'll bitch slap em. I just wish this country still had its balls. I have no doubt that if the Cold War would have happened in today's age, we would have been the first to blink, not Russia. End of rant. I need some coffee.
It's our plan. We let them develop large amount of nuclear weapons, then just when they think they have us matched, me drop a bomb on them setting off a chain reaction of explosions destroying the entire North Korea.

At least that's what I hope the plan is....:D

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
If anything touched off with N. Korea, Seoul would be flattened in short order. They have the capability to hit Seoul with 20k artillery rounds per hour from north of the DMZ.

Yes they are well behind us in tech, but people need to stop thinking we could just go over there without getting our nose bloodied and kick them in the dick.

They have done estimates of what such a war would cost us and estimated within a month and a half up to half a million US and South Korean soldiers could be lost.

That is not to mention of course all of the damage to the South Korean infrastructure and loss of hundreds of thousands of civilian lives. Make no mistake, South Korea is a very big part of the world's economy, and the damage there would cause ripple effects throughout the global economy.

Links to these estimates? Seems awfully high for the amount of air and naval superiority that we have. Look what we did in desert storm and the recent invasion of Iraq. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a mess if shit hit the fan. But I'm sure that we could sneak in with some stealth bombers and wipe out a majority of their capabilities that could target the south.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Links to these estimates? Seems awfully high for the amount of air and naval superiority that we have. Look what we did in desert storm and the recent invasion of Iraq. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a mess if shit hit the fan. But I'm sure that we could sneak in with some stealth bombers and wipe out a majority of their capabilities that could target the south.

He's not wrong.

The NK have had SIXTY years to dig deep. And they have not been idle. Would we win eventually? Probably.

But they could inflict truly massive damage to Seoul/Inchon before we could effectively neutralize anything.

To draw a parallel, the White House is 31 miles from Ft Meade (the same distance that Seoul is from the DMZ).

Now imagine thousands of pieces of artillery buried as deep as some of the crazy shit at Meade launching towards DC within seconds. You have no more than minutes before the first rounds hit, with many waves after.

Now imagine that to fight these assholes you have to launch fighters from NYC. Sure they will bomb the shit out of Ft Meade in 30 minutes or less (or else its free!) but that doesn't help the good people of DC.

We are talking about a really small distance here.

NinjaBum

Established Member

North Korea has the 4th largest army in the world as well as actual WMD's like smallpox, the plague, etc. They have the capability to hurt us more. Keep in mind those estimates included South Korean soldiers so it is probably more lopsided on them. Many Americans would die though. I've seen estimates of mid 50k US military losses and up to half a million S. Korean troop losses.

Here is a good read-
North Korea: The War Game - Scott Stossel - The Atlantic

From a few years back, but not much has really changed aside from the North advancing more in the nuclear arena.

More info, much the same as what was written in the first link-
US plans total war against N. Korea

Sorry I don't have clearer links to estimates. I'm mostly drawing on what I've read over the years since I've taken a lot of interest in what goes on over there with the wife's family living there.

If you dig for long enough and read through enough estimates and articles on the subject of potential human and economic tolls of such a conflict, you'll see it won't be just a walk in the park. North Korea is not Iraq.

cobra_mer

Established Member
The magnitude was 5.4 I believe, which is estimated to half the size of the hiroshima explosion. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I doubt they would ever try to hit us with nukes, S Korea on the other hand is sort of N Korea's hostage shield.

China has tried to reason with N Korea as well. N Korea's response was a verbal ***** slap calling them weak and feeble. It is a spoiled little kid trying to show the world he is as big as his father thought he was.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
He's not wrong.

The NK have had SIXTY years to dig deep. And they have not been idle. Would we win eventually? Probably.

But they could inflict truly massive damage to Seoul/Inchon before we could effectively neutralize anything.

To draw a parallel, the White House is 31 miles from Ft Meade (the same distance that Seoul is from the DMZ).

Now imagine thousands of pieces of artillery buried as deep as some of the crazy shit at Meade launching towards DC within seconds. You have no more than minutes before the first rounds hit, with many waves after.

Now imagine that to fight these assholes you have to launch fighters from NYC. Sure they will bomb the shit out of Ft Meade in 30 minutes or less (or else its free!) but that doesn't help the good people of DC.

We are talking about a really small distance here.

North Korea has the 4th largest army in the world as well as actual WMD's like smallpox, the plague, etc. They have the capability to hurt us more. Keep in mind those estimates included South Korean soldiers so it is probably more lopsided on them. Many Americans would die though. I've seen estimates of mid 50k US military losses and up to half a million S. Korean troop losses.

Here is a good read-
North Korea: The War Game - Scott Stossel - The Atlantic

From a few years back, but not much has really changed aside from the North advancing more in the nuclear arena.

More info, much the same as what was written in the first link-
US plans total war against N. Korea

Sorry I don't have clearer links to estimates. I'm mostly drawing on what I've read over the years since I've taken a lot of interest in what goes on over there with the wife's family living there.

If you dig for long enough and read through enough estimates and articles on the subject of potential human and economic tolls of such a conflict, you'll see it won't be just a walk in the park. North Korea is not Iraq.

Well **** you got me there lol. I just couldn't see us going in without first neutralizing their capabilities to strike at S.Korea :shrug:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
son-i-am-disappoint-kim-jong-il-un.jpg

h1B264596

Last edited:

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Yes, North Korea has nukes. No, they cannot presently reach us with a bomber or an ICBM. Yes, they could send in the nuke on a cargo ship or a civilian airliner. Yes, you are in more danger picking up your phone call while driving than you are from Korea. No, losing California would not be a bad thing. Yes, I have no credentials to make any of these statements.

funny and true!
china says theyre gonna put north korea in time out for this too. uh oh...:D

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
funny and true!
china says theyre gonna put north korea in time out for this too. uh oh...:D

China cutting off oil and aid is the only thing that is going to hurt N. Korea...They are much pretty sanctioned up the keister by everyone else... Still doubt China goes thru with any real measures....

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Well **** you got me there lol. I just couldn't see us going in without first neutralizing their capabilities to strike at S.Korea :shrug:

Their air defense systems are pretty vast as well. I wouldn't want to be a pilot crossing the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread