Not your everyday conversion...

grandote

Established Member
Hey guys, after lurking around for the past month and half I wanted to introduce myself and my project. First off a picture of what I am working with...

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

This was my cousins Harley after he fell asleep on the wheel on the roads of Chihuahua, Mexico. Anyways as you can tell the motor was still pretty much in tact, so he let me have it :rockon: . I ended up buying an used 1998 F150, and got the motor installed in it in Juarez, Mexico. I then got a friend of mine to drive the truck out to SoCal to get work on it at GTR high performance. At first I was thinking of just doing a Kenne Bell supercharger and letting it be a sleeper, but that idea ended after I told my cousin about it. He decided he would also put money into the truck, and share it. This is not an issue at all as it is not the first car we fix up together.

IMG_2113.jpg

Well anyways, after reading through many threads on here and lightningrodder.com, the creation has finally begun. The guys at GTR already installed the Kenne Bell, the JLP Kenne Bell intake, LFP oil separator, Kenne Bell boost-a-pump, Bassani off road pipes, Bassani headers, Bassani catback, and the LFP dual pass heat exchanger. Its at the paint shop right now getting prepped to be painted Lamborghini purple :rolling: which is called viola ophelia.

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

Waiting to be installed I have a bed rug, a Gaylord cover with the wing, JLP traction bars, Hotchkis TVS with bilstein sport shocks, Baer big brake kit (6 piston :pepper:), 3 Autometer Phantom II gauges (boost, air/fuel ratio, and fuel pressure) with triple pillar, black projector headlights, LED tails, LED 3rd brake light, Corbeau seats, and waiting on True Forged to finish my 3 piece 20's!!

All this has already been a hefty amount, and I still need to finish the interior and a small sound system.

I took really crappy cell phone pics so im pretty embarrased to put them up haha, I will update this thread by tonite with pics of the truck and the supercharger installed!

Last edited:

grandote

Established Member
Oh yea I forgot to add, that I ordered a whole Lightning body kit, which includes all 6 side skirts, front bumper and grill, rear bumper, and sidesteps!

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Holy SH!T!!! I cant believe someone could live through that!!!!!!!!!!!

grandote

Established Member
haha thats what we all said, I guess he had the back windows down and ended up flying out of the driver side one before the truck did a couple more rolls

grandote

Established Member
well nothing else, the truck is just laying there at one of our ranches like that. Oh yea, the bassani headers! haha one of them was crooked be we were able to straighten it out!

MJG

Established Member
Good to hear no1 was hurt, I dunno about your cousin, but I'd be balling if my truck were looking like that :cryying:

grandote

Established Member
rg000023.jpg

here is a picture of the color we are going with. In person it looks much darker. Now imagine that color lightning, a drop, and 20 inch True Forged turn 8's powder coated satin blackk :) :) :)

grandote

Established Member
Believe me, he almost did cry. He had gone through so much in that truck its crazy. It was also a gift from his old man, which he idolizes so much. He is really excited to be involved in all of this, to him its like reviving the truck

MJG

Established Member
That is a sweetttt colour!

I've always liked that deep purple colour.
Im thinking of one day painting my truck white chocolate like the new f150 limited editions, so nice

grandote

Established Member
That white chocolate is BEAUTIFUL, ive seen alot of those trucks out in mexico in that color

MJG

Established Member
I know, I'd like to make the switch in a couple years. Im buying a 2009 fusion this week for a DD and it comes in that colour as well, so hot!!

But ya man, I think that purple would look killer too

Users who are viewing this thread