Not your everyday conversion...

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
the solid glass rocks. I'll be the first to ask this question. wouldn't it be cheaper to just have bought a real Lightning? but then again, this is custom and cool watching someone else spend his money getting every detail down. props.

grandote

Established Member
the solid glass rocks. I'll be the first to ask this question. wouldn't it be cheaper to just have bought a real Lightning? but then again, this is custom and cool watching someone else spend his money getting every detail down. props.

Thanks man! And yep, I get that a lot but I got that truck for an awsome price. Everything is coming out cheaper them getting a lightning. Also thanks for that comment about gettng every detail down, I'm working hard at doing that.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Something to give you an idea of what it can look like:

wallpaper10_purple_1600.jpg

grandote

Established Member
Lol that purple is really in your face. I think my purple is going to look way better! And plus the black and purple scheme I think is going to look killer.

FLACO_G

Established Member
WELL IT'S DIFERENT...(PURPLE IS NOT MY FAVORITE COLOR) BUT FOR SOME ODD REASON I SAY IT Looks good...

Last edited:

grandote

Established Member
3rd update

Another update for those keeping up on this!, I finished the expedition console today, must admit I gave myself a pat on the back after i finished!

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

The side was still a little dirty, I was just to eager to show it off! I got the top, back, and the small sides covered in suede. I cleaned it all up really good with SEM products and painted it with SEM satin black. Pictures do not do it justice, the SEM paint looks like it came stock.

This morning I also received the LED tail lights I ordered off eBay and a LED 3rd brake light I ordered from Sport Truck Direct.

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

Think they are both going to go really well with the theme of the truck.

I should be getting the truck tuned and dyno'd sometime around next Monday. Expect some nice videos.

grandote

Established Member
Last edited:

grandote

Established Member
Here goes my last update on the truck before you get pictures of it all put together!

I finished up receiving all the parts I had ordered, got the Chickenear floot mats, LFP throttle body, LFP EGR delete, and the LFP fans in.

DSC02075.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

I am just waiting now on GTR to get the Baer big brake kit. Waiting to be installed I also have the True Forged Icey Res, the sound system, and the Corbeau seats. Getting brackets made for the seats were a BITCH haha. I ended up using the stock driver seat bracket and the passenger side bracket off an Expedition.

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

Heres how it looks next to the expy console
IMG_2217.jpg

The truck just finished getting painted, I am going to post some teaser pics, but believe me, its looks BAD ASS.

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

I'm on my way right now to finally put the the wheels on and put some of the interior together :pepper:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
looks good.. can't wait to see it all together.. I am with FFS on that you should have done the engine mods after paint so everything could be painted.. just the perfectionist in me... Looks good tho!

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
which roll pan are you going with? also, pm me where you getting the paint work done, i need some things painted.

s|ck

Established Member
Damn dude, you got a great list of mods there! Can't wait to see more progress of it.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Wow that looks pretty cool. Looks like the took some time prepping and they did a nice job. Why not the bed and stuff, getting carpeted or rhino lined or something? FFS

Users who are viewing this thread