Notable Suspension shops in Houston, TX

mdoan

Established Member
I really don't know where to start on this one, so any contact info/advice would be much appreciated. At this point, I'm only looking for a shop to weld in off-the-shelf rear susp. parts - a panhard bar, torque arm, subframe connectors, and an adjustable rear swaybar. I'm not looking for a suspension scientist, just an installer that will keep in mind things like jacking points and stress while welding. I figured you guys would know who to talk to know better than anyone.

I know Houston Perf. is great for engine builds, but a friend of mine had them install his subframes and they did so incorrectly (despite repeated instructions otherwise). So, I'd hate to see what they can do with 4 inter-dependent weld-in units. I've also heard of PSI Motorsports, but don't know much about them.

Gig 'em

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I wish I could tell you, but I've done almost everything myself except for a few things that I paid a techs at work to do.(I no longer work there.)

PSI has an outstanding tuner reputation, I would be comfortable with them working on my car. They WILL be doing my next tune.

I would call first and discuss what I want done, then depending on how that conversation went my confidence would either be good or not so good in which case I would call a couple more outfits.

mdoan

Established Member
I wish I could tell you, but I've done almost everything myself except for a few things that I paid a techs at work to do.(I no longer work there.)

PSI has an outstanding tuner reputation, I would be comfortable with them working on my car. They WILL be doing my next tune.

I would call first and discuss what I want done, then depending on how that conversation went my confidence would either be good or not so good in which case I would call a couple more outfits.

I'm doing everything myself that doesn't require welding - would kill to have a setup @ home.

Like I said, I've heard good things about both Houston and PSI, but only with respect to engine builds. Takes a different approach to do suspension geometry.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Houston Performance is a great shop!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

They welded my FLSFC on a chassis lift; they don't have a drive-on. I suggested they tack on the ground, lift and complete the weld. They told me it was "not a big deal on SN95's, only Foxes." As a note, my doors shut just fine on the ground. On four jack stands, not so much...

I'm not trying to burn bridges, but the overwhelming consensus seems to be: only weld FLSFC with the suspension loaded and the chassis settled accordingly.

OP is a good friend of mine. I suggested he go somewhere else because of the aforementioned experience with suspension componentry welding/work. Welding of the TAPHB should be done right IMHO.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
They welded my FLSFC on a chassis lift; they don't have a drive-on. I suggested they tack on the ground, lift and complete the weld. They told me it was "not a big deal on SN95's, only Foxes." As a note, my doors shut just fine on the ground. On four jack stands, not so much...

I'm not trying to burn bridges, but the overwhelming consensus seems to be: only weld FLSFC with the suspension loaded and the chassis settled accordingly.

OP is a good friend of mine. I suggested he go somewhere else because of the aforementioned experience with suspension componentry welding/work. Welding of the TAPHB should be done right IMHO.

Thanks for that info! I was under the impression those guys knew their stuff! :(

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Thanks for that info! I was under the impression those guys knew their stuff! :(

Like Michael (OP) said, they seem to be a reputable Mustang shop for engine work. They claim a pretty extensive track record for straight line racing performance. My car was tuned there and I really can't complain. Michael and I both have had cat-forward exhaust work done there as well. Chris is a great mechanic/tuner and Steve (owner) knows modular motors.

However, when it comes to making Mustangs go fast in the twisties and the associated setup/install methods/recommendations, etc. they seem a bit lackadaisical and incompetent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread