'Nother VMP on E85....

YGETV8

Established Member
20150512_121155_zpsqu8coz6r.jpg

Last edited:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Ive been doing a litte bit of research on VMP's and it seems like they're are going to be up there with the KB's and Whipples soon if not all ready. To be honest ive never heard of them until i joined this forum. If i decide to go with a bigger SC, ill definitely be considering the VMP.

YGETV8

Established Member
Oh, yeah...the build. Lol!

VMP, Dragon TB, first gen JLT CAI (with slightly bigger filter crammed in the fender), stock MAF w/ MAFXtender, 3.0" and 4#, Lethal Budget w/ 465s and -8 feed line, Bosch 105s, MAC long tubes. Wanted to see what could be had out of the smaller inlet stuff. Had gained 11 HP per degree of timing added on that last run, but heat soak pulled one degree out....coulda/woulda/shoulda been 735.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn! If I go corn I'm thinking about also leaving my 3.0 upper and adding a #4 lower. OP how much boost are you seeing with the LT headers? Would a #6 lower be to much?

EDIT: And how do you get your sig pic that big? I can't get mine any bigger than what it's showing.

Last edited:

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
If I go corn I'm thinking about also leaving my 3.0 upper and adding a #4 lower. OP how much boost are you seeing with the LT headers?

x2 Would also like to know your boost level with 3.0 upper #4 lower and longtubes. Nice numbers!

YGETV8

Established Member
I'm seeing about 21. Just going by my gauge. I had a 2.8 upper ready to throw on, but since it pulled timing on that last run and I got decent numbers, I didn't try it. General consensus was that it'd be too much for a stock motor, but I'm guessing a GT500 set up and a killer chiller would love the 2 extra lbs!

YGETV8

Established Member
Timing was set for 23, but actual was 22 with the degree it pulled for heat. Previous pull was set at 17....gained 55 hp with that 5 degree increase.

Users who are viewing this thread