Number of Idlers

vbguy01

Established Member
Is there really a big difference between the performance of having one 100mm idler as opposed to 4 idlers? I've noticed quite a few sigs with just a 100mm with no slipping issues. Bottom line...are four better than one?
:??:

dougwg

Established Member
this has been covered by me many times in the past...

give me a min and let me see if I can find my other post for you by using the search button

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
here ya go

Originally posted by dougwg
If you want to run 3.4" or 3.1" you should be ok without an aux. idler but I have seen HP gains(around 8rwhp) when adding an idler to a 3.4".

If you are going to run a 2.93" or 2.76" I would strongly suggest getting an aux. idler setup.

How many:

All you really need is the one extra idler (100mm) and the bracket that it mounts to.

I have MANY customers that get the one aux idler pulley plus 2 or 3 more to dress up their engine compartments as my Idler Pulleys look much better then the stock ones.

Another reason to change out all your stock idlers for mine is that there has been several reports of the stock OEM idler pulleys (for lack of a better term) exploding under high Load/RPM. But I'm not saying this happens alot. Just something to be aware of, thats all.

Hope this helps you out
Happy modding

Doug
BilletFlow
313-388-8228

P.S. You can click on the words in my sig at the bottom of this post to see products that I offer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good post Doug. I had your 3-piece set myself, but it was only for the bling factor. One is all you really need.

Users who are viewing this thread