numbers are in 80 rwhp gain, 90 rwtq gain

Terminator03

banned
Got my car back from livernois today........ OH BOY! 2.80 pully and chip togethor netted 80 more rwhp and 90 rwtq!!!!!!!! 496 total rear wheel horse :) 527 torque :) Steeda shifter feels great too! much more accurate and precise. But i have to say the guages are really neat, almost match the glow of the stock guages.

Oh yeah and on the way home i heard a big thump. i didnt pay much attention to it but when i got home i found a zo6 wedged under my car. ( hehe just kidding )

Heres a pic......

Terminator03

banned
but an aftermarket boost is installed to chart the boost levels over 10, which is what the stock one only goes up to.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Great numbers! I have a question for you where in Michigan is the Livernois shop and did he have a chip for you already or did he tune your car right at his shop until he was satisfied with the results? Where was your air-fuel approximately in the 4500-6500rpms? Thanks for your info!

Terminator03

banned
Dan tuned the chip himself. the main problem was to get the air fuel as good as he could acroos the rpm range and still be able to idle. Im not sure what it was at those rpms, i just picked my car up today and dan was not there.

nitro

Established Member
awesome numbers Glen.I wish I could get those kind of numbers without spending 10 grand.

SB 03

Established Member
are those gauges autometer phantom, and is the fuel pressure gauge electric? awesome, simply awesome :beer:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Friend of mine was just at that shop in Mich. He said it was like a big toy store, lots of go-fast parts.... pretty big engine sitting just as you walk in the door...what kind of chip is it, superchip.. or other?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Glen...I thought you took your car in to Livernois last week...did they have it that long?? Great numbers though....very impressive. Your thoughts on the quality / price of the workmanship?

Thanks and lets hook up on Telegraph soon!
:burnout: :burnout:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit :dw: Those are sick numbers...what's the car feel like? Does it feel like a bat out of hell now??? I'd imagine 1st gear is gonna be pretty useless until you get some bigger meats...I'll come up to town tomorrow night if you're up there and we can make some improptu highway runs to see how the extra horses work without melting the tires off :burnout:

Monday is gonna be interesting dude:thumbsup:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Wow, Great results!!!

What boost levels with the 2.80" pulley?
With the 2.93 mine peaks between 12 and 13 psi in the low 5K RPM range, but drops off to around 10 PSI at 6500. Just curious what you peak at and if you have the same drop as you get to redline?

I'd love to see the Dyno sheet, especially one with A/F.

JT

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Correct me if i'm wrong but I hear that with the 2.80 pulley max boost is 14.5 psi.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Correct me if i'm wrong but I hear that with the 2.80 pulley max boost is 14.5 psi.

i8u, you are correct, that the 2.80" supercharger Pulley will make up to 14.5 to 15 lbs. maximum boost, providing the car is Tuned properly. We had a customer call the other night , to report he was seeing as high as 18 lbs. boost in 48 degree weather and with the use of some Torco Fuel Additive, from Indiana. That is some Awesome boost , considering when cooler weather sets in soon, for all to experience seeing higher levels of boost recorded on their Boost Gauges. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mordeth

Established Member
Originally posted by WYD_TRKR

i8u, you are correct, that the 2.80" supercharger Pulley will make up to 14.5 to 15 lbs. maximum boost, providing the car is Tuned properly. We had a customer call the other night , to report he was seeing as high as 18 lbs. boost in 48 degree weather and with the use of some Torco Fuel Additive, from Indiana. That is some Awesome boost , considering when cooler weather sets in soon, for all to experience seeing higher levels of boost recorded on their Boost Gauges. Hope this helps.

Hey WYD, that sounds great! IMO though, 18 lbs. is overdoing it.

It looks to me like a 2.80" upper should be the absolute smallest pulley put on this car, and even that is pushing it. I actually think the 2.93" is optimum(or maybe even a tad bigger). Modified roots type blowers become inneficient above 13 - 14psi. Mainly because above that level of boost manifold pressure will exceed the pressure in the blower(causing backflow) which of course causes an overall decrease in output, with an added problem of generating more heat.

I wouldn't even touch the lower!

Mordeth

Users who are viewing this thread