NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
1270590781429.jpg

Is that a S&M picture in the back ground??? Looks like a naked woman tied up....maybe that is why the girl on the left is making that face? HAHAHA

32vGT

Established Member
fire system sprinkler should just be air pressure

Think about that statement. Why would it be air pressure. Air feeds fire.

The water is black when it first comes out because of the coatings inside the pipe. Grease, oils, slag and what not form producing the pipe and cutting threads on it for the installation. Once it runs for a few seconds, it's turns clear. THe water stinks also.

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member

The water is black when it first comes out because of the coatings inside the pipe. Grease, oils, slag and what not form producing the pipe and cutting threads on it for the installation. Once it runs for a few seconds, it's turns clear. THe water stinks also.

you have never worked with fire suppression systems have you?
:poke:

tdschst

Established Member

the water is like a rust color. and it does smell like s***! unfortunately the water stays that color (unless its a small building where you will drain the riser quickly and city water comes in right away). a parking garage guy popped a head in the sub-basement of my building (18 floors of tenant space, 3 PHs, 495,000 sq./ft) and the 5-10 mins it ran, it was that rust color. only reason it ran so long was i was in the first PH and cleaning crew held up the freight:bash: (which is the only elevator that comes to the PH) there was 2 of us, the other guy closed the control valve and opened the drain for the floor. i shut down the fire pump and stopped the fire dept from coming in

Timmy1

Established Member
It can be either a dry or a wet system.In a dry system, it's under air pressure. When there is enough of a pressure drop, a clapper (check valve) opens releasing the water.
In a wet system, it's filled with water.

Being that they were indoors, I'll assume it's a wet system. Dry systems are typically in unheated areas.

32vGT

Established Member
you have never worked with fire suppression systems have you?
:poke:

Nope I'm a Carpenter. Seen about a half dozen of them get popped though. Same thing every time. Black, stinky water.

There is a dry system also. Usually used in a electronics area. AS stated before by someone, I guess they might be used in non-heated areas too. Don't know. I haven't ever had the pleasure of seeing a dry system set off.

Timmy1

Established Member
If the water comes out black, then it probably hasn't been drained/flushed too much. I've opened some where it comes out like oil for over an hour. I know that whoever was supposed to be maintaining never did it in the years he was there. Some come out a little rusty for a bit then clear up.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
It can be either a dry or a wet system.In a dry system, it's under air pressure. When there is enough of a pressure drop, a clapper (check valve) opens releasing the water.
In a wet system, it's filled with water.

Being that they were indoors, I'll assume it's a wet system. Dry systems are typically in unheated areas.

LMFAO! o wait. Stop posting in here.

Users who are viewing this thread