NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
That is not what he said. He said 60k is probably average for the country. Some states average salary is below poverty levels.

And like I said, those states are also poverty destitute shit holes where everyone else is living in poverty.

Don’t like it? Move.

I have zero sympathy for teachers. It’s one of the most bullshit career choices a person can make. All the facts about pay, hours, compensation and work load are publicly available. Hell, as a student you get first hand experience with what a teachers life is like.

It’s a zero risk career. No Risk, No Reward.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have zero sympathy for teachers. It’s one of the most bullshit career choices a person can make. All the facts about pay, hours, compensation and work load are publicly available. Hell, as a student you get first hand experience with what a teachers life is like.

Being married to a 3rd grade teacher, your post demonstrates a breath taking and complete fundamental lack of knowledge of why the majority of teachers teach.

It is a miracle that schools today with the rules they must operate with have ANY teachers at all.

96 cobra

Established Member
...I have zero sympathy for teachers. It’s one of the most bullshit career choices a person can make. All the facts about pay, hours, compensation and work load are publicly available. Hell, as a student you get first hand experience with what a teachers life is like.

I-told-the-teaching-lady.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Its pretty easy to undervalue teachers who "only work 9 months." There are definitely some subpar teachers out there helping with the bad rep, and there are some bad policies and rules regarding what and how to teach, but we would not have the technological advances we have today without teachers fostering an environment conducive to learning.

Obviously, YMMV based on location and family income.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Being married to a 3rd grade teacher, your post demonstrates a breath taking and complete fundamental lack of knowledge of why the majority of teachers teach.

It is a miracle that schools today with the rules they must operate with have ANY teachers at all.

They are brainwashed and indoctrinated early in life by other teachers?

They have no outside knowledge of other careers besides fireman, layer, doctor, soldier and policeman?

18 years of school has created a fundamental comfort zone?

They were told by other teachers to “do what you love” and decided to study English, Music Theory or Gender Studies?

They teach because they cans “do”?

They are infertile and this lets them live out their fantasy of having children?

They are rabid communist liberals who want to further indoctrinate and destroy our children?

They are to lazy to be held financially accountable?

They love having summer off?

Oh, I know! They love children and are the true heroes of this country helping shape the minds of the next generation!!!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
$60k for 9 months of work is below poverty level?

Average American FAMILy only makes around $54k. Teachers that make less typically live in rural areas with lower cost of living anyways.

Chicago pays nearly $84k. Teachers also typically get pensions and healthcare. This is why it’s a great spousal career. Short work days, holidays and lots of time off. It matches up great for covering childcare.

No, 60k is what I would ballpark is the total average teacher salary in a high paying state, like PA. I just googled and 62k is the national average for a teacher with a Master Degree... All I said was it isn't hard to make more than a teacher, responding to meme kind of mocking make more than their teacher. All the other shit is irrelevant. There are perks. There should be. I've dated teachers, gotten the behind the scenes point of view, sat in classrooms as an adult. I'd rather ****ing hang myself than teach other people's shithead kids the same BS for 30 years.

Users who are viewing this thread