NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
tumblr_ozqoxlpsNP1vkzuj9o1_400.gif

Zemedici

Established Member
This is so true. Im in the south. Id they even hint at possible flurries. Schools close. Banks close. Offices send employees home. Grocery stores are in chaos and national guard is put on alert.

Sent from LG G5

To be fair we got 10-12” Friday alone. :D giggity

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
This is so true. Im in the south. Id they even hint at possible flurries. Schools close. Banks close. Offices send employees home. Grocery stores are in chaos and national guard is put on alert.

Sent from LG G5

It's all about how equipped the area is for these weather extremes.

I know in AZ, we get baffled when we hear stories about people dying in Chicago at a high of 98*, while I go walk the dog at 110* at 9pm.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It amazes me when Chicago and Buffalo get multiple FEET of snow and resume business as usual within 24 hours.

I’m 3 hours East of Chicago and people around here lose their collective shit if anything more than 6” falls in a day.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I never understood the whole thing about people freaking out because of snow. When I lived in New England, we would get between 1 and 3 storms a week that would drop 12 to 18 inches at a time, almost all winter. Plus it would start snowing as early as October and as late as April, almost every year. If we got less than 100 inches of snow a year, people would sound concerned about the light winter we had.

Zemedici

Established Member
I never understood the whole thimg about people freaking out because of snow. When I lived in New England, we would get between 1 and 3 storms a week that would drop 12 to 18 inches at a time, almost all winter. Plus it would start snowing as early as October and as late as April, almost every year. If we got less than 100 inches of snow a year, prove would sound concerned about the light winter we had.

New England is prepared for winter storms.

Atlanta, Georgia is not.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Id agree to the point of DOT... but the mindset of the people is what causes chaos.

As far as DOT where I was at, they didn't plow and salt non-stop like the southern states do. That's why the southern states always run out of supplies and money to deal with it.

What I find really crazy is here in Virginia, they predict a 30% chance of snow tomorrow, and they start announcing government and school closures today... As much as 24 hours before it might start snowing. Absolutely mind-blowing.

The people that should be freaking out are the Mexicans. The got 18+inches of snow an South Central Mexico like a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread