NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

blownstang01

Established Member
So, you really want to tell me, in the USA, they do not test your blood for the metabolites to know for sure WHEN you drank?

Sometimes, not living in a first world, educated country obviously has some benefits! :)

To be fair, the story I told happened 25 years ago. No idea what they did then, or even now for that matter. LOL

musclefan21

Established Member
So, you really want to tell me, in the USA, they do not test your blood for the metabolites to know for sure WHEN you drank?

Sometimes, not living in a first world, educated country obviously has some benefits! :)
You need a warrant for the blood. Drivers have the right to refuse everything here. It’s called Freedom ;)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Can we get back to the funnies?

IMG_4692.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

Sent from the Coronas Response Team.

blk02edge

Established Member
Why, what's it like there?
Here in Canada the cops have a pass/fail breathalyzer in their car, if it reads fail means you were over .08 and you get a 3 month ban, now you can refuse that test but then you can be arrested and taken to the station where you'll then have to blow into the proper machine, refuse that? Sure... But you are going to need one hell of a lawyer and you are pretty much gonna lose and with a criminal charge at that point. So, cant really escape it, bottom line dont drink and drive.

musclefan21

Established Member
Here in Canada the cops have a pass/fail breathalyzer in their car, if it reads fail means you were over .08 and you get a 3 month ban, now you can refuse that test but then you can be arrested and taken to the station where you'll then have to blow into the proper machine, refuse that? Sure... But you are going to need one hell of a lawyer and you are pretty much gonna lose and with a criminal charge at that point. So, cant really escape it, bottom line dont drink and drive.
I agree with don’t drink and drive. It’s just super irresponsible and very dangerous for everyone, HOWEVER;

which case is easier to prove? Doing all the tests and certified breathalyzer results and arguing in court, “your honor, my client is innocent, he wasn’t drunk” or refuse everything so no records of you drinking other than the observation of the officer and “your honor, my client is innocent, he was not drunk”

you tell me :)

blk02edge

Established Member
I agree with don’t drink and drive. It’s just super irresponsible and very dangerous for everyone, HOWEVER;

which case is easier to prove? Doing all the tests and certified breathalyzer results and arguing in court, “your honor, my client is innocent, he wasn’t drunk” or refuse everything so no records of you drinking other than the observation of the officer and “your honor, my client is innocent, he was not drunk”

Well if it was that easy nobody would get DUI's...

coposrv

Established Member

This is the correct way. If you’re pulled over while intoxicated, politely decline any and all tests.

You will be arrested and charged with OUI and license will more than likely suspended until trial conclusion.

Take to a bench trial.

No evidence of inebriation.

Not guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
Well if it was that easy nobody would get DUI's...

Takes money and time to fight it. I think the first offense in mass is a one month loss of license. Most people just take it and move on.

Taking a case to trail can take at least 6/8 months and cost 5-10k and From day of arrest until trial conclusion you’re without driving privilege.

Bullitt1448

Established Member

You can refuse to blow but that carries it’s own criminal code charge and the penalties are much the same if not more than a DUI. The moral of the story is don’t drink and drive.

blk02edge

Established Member
Takes money and time to fight it. I think the first offense in mass is a one month loss of license. Most people just take it and move on.

Taking a case to trail can take at least 6/8 months and cost 5-10k and From day of arrest until trial conclusion you’re without driving privilege.

Yea, exactly, easier said than done, most people I know just accept they ****ed up and move on with the lighter consequence, but yea. Still good to know we have the right to refuse even though its highly unlikely worth it in legal fees.

Anyway, ill quit with the derailing now
FB_IMG_1588306487894.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Don't forget the the weeks of classes that need to be taken and paid for also. (In MA)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This is the correct way. If you’re pulled over while intoxicated, politely decline any and all tests.

You will be arrested and charged with OUI and license will more than likely suspended until trial conclusion.

Take to a bench trial.

No evidence of inebriation.

Not guilty.

Any interaction can be used as evidence. Slurred speech, glassy eyes, alcohol on the breath, etc. Plus, they will get a subpoena for a blood draw once you get to jail and most larger municipalities will have a trained phlebotomist on staff at all times.

Typical 1st time DUI defense without complications (no wreck, property damage, injury, kids in the car, etc) runs around $10,000.

You can refuse to blow but that carries it’s own criminal code charge and the penalties are much the same if not more than a DUI. The moral of the story is don’t drink and drive.

No right against self incrimination in the British Colonies?

blk02edge

Established Member
No right against self incrimination in the British Colonies?
Yea, you do have the right, and you'll go to court, where you prove you weren't drunk. Thinking you guys have "freedom" in this case is kinda a joke, both of us have the same outcomes. And we have freedom from smog testing, that's more important, I dgaf what they do to drunk drivers :D

Users who are viewing this thread