NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

blownstang01

Established Member
Did anyone watch the airplane video that was posted like 8 pages ago ? It actually changed my mind. Yes thrust and air over the wings fly a plane... BUT, the question is worded just to create pages of crap like this. Picture it this way, the treadmill is running the Opposite direction the same exact speed as the wheels. So, in essence the plane is moving backwards (via treadmill) so it never gets any "ground speed" to create said lift.
The reason people can't wrap their head around it is because it's a premise that can never happen and visualizing it makes your brain hurt.
So, with that said. IF anyone could build a treadmill 7,000 feet long with a motor big enough to spin the opposite direction pushing the plane backwards (essentially) while under full thrust, then no it will just sit there at full tilt. But, it will never happen so that bitch is flying. :)

Oh, and the big girl. It helps that she is extremely pretty. If she looked like Rosanne Barr, no body would give much of a second look. Hit it and quit it, she gonna be huge after the first kid.
Doesn't matter much anyway, I can't reach it from behind. So, I'll just play with those tig ol bitties.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ ****in lol...dude you have idea lol
The tread mill would cause some drag yes...i might require a wee bit more throttle to reach flight speed...like a couple percent more...but no pilot takes off at less that 100% thrust

That thread went like 100 pages last time...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
These mofos

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The plane does not sit still nor does it move backwards lol.

The wheels do not have anything to do with pushing the plane forward. Once you accept that, then it is very obvious that the treadmill changes nothing about the plane taking off other than the wheels will be spinning twice as fast.

blownstang01

Established Member
Yep, no one can wrap their head around it.
LMAO, I'm out. Carry on with the nonsense, no one cares to watch the video actually explaining the phenomenon. More Redheads.

rwleonard

Established Member
The wheels will just spin twice as fast

You’re running on a treadmill. You are running forwards at 8 mph, the belt is moving backwards at 8 mph. You are stationary on the machine. I come and kick you in the back, you fly forward and eat shit into the TV display. The kick in your back is what the jet engines on the wings of the airplane are doing - the wheels are entirely irrelevant.
So, while running at 8 MPH on the treadmill set at 8 MPH, how much breeze did the runner feel before being "boosted" beyond 8 MPH? Just trying to learn a little something.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn man, I like you and I think you're good people. But, I dunno what is funnier, your memes or that you can't grasp that the plane would take off.

Side note, I'd drop this completely if I hadn't learned that continuing to post about this topic in this thread will generate pictures of smokeshows from out of the internet ether

The video says it will not take off.

I was wrong about ground speed as I was thinking of it in the wrong way. But no flight is achieved unless the plane physically moves forward.

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
So, while running at 8 MPH on the treadmill set at 8 MPH, how much breeze did the runner feel before being "boosted" beyond 8 MPH? Just trying to learn a little something.

Running on the treadmill is a result of your legs and feet "moving you forward." Strap a jet engine to your back and what happens?

rwleonard

Established Member
I get crushed under, I don't know, how much does the engine weigh?

I notice you dodged the question.

rwleonard

Established Member
Can’t one of our resident SVTP ballers with a plane and F-you money put this to bed for all of us?
We really don't need that. There are two different questions being addressed here. One, WILL the plane take off if its foward speed and the treadmill speed are balanced such that the plane doesn't move relative to the ground (and there is no wind)? The answer is no. CAN the plane take off if it has enough thrust to accelerate beyond the speed of the treadmill and generate enough airflow over the wings to provide sufficient lift? Yes.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The video says it will not take off.

I was wrong about ground speed as I was thinking of it in the wrong way. But no flight is achieved unless the plane physically moves forward.

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.

The plane will physically move forward regardless of wheels and their spin/speed. The wheels only job is to hold the plane off the ground. The THRUST is what will propel the plane forward (so as long as the plane is not actually blocked in).

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I get crushed under, I don't know, how much does the engine weigh?

I notice you dodged the question.
Because running on a treadmill and a plane taking off on a treadmill are two different things. The plane isn't propelled forward by anything connected to the belt.

We really don't need that. There are two different questions being addressed here. One, WILL the plane take off if its foward speed and the treadmill speed are balanced such that the plane doesn't move relative to the ground (and there is no wind)? The answer is no. CAN the plane take off if it has enough thrust to accelerate beyond the speed of the treadmill and generate enough airflow over the wings to provide sufficient lift? Yes.
The plane moves forward regardless of the treadmill speed. It does not use it's wheels to accelerate

Users who are viewing this thread