NYPD changes policy, will allow officers to wear turbans

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
This place is becoming just full blown disgusting...what happened to these forums???
Its like a whole new class of bigoted retards are the population now

Yeah man. There are other Mustang forums out there without this problem. It's a shame, SVTP never used to be like this.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Live and let live. Some of y'all need to get the **** over it.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Yeah man. There are other Mustang forums out there without this problem. It's a shame, SVTP never used to be like this.
Hopefully those other forums are nice safe spaces for you.

Live and let live. Some of y'all need to get the **** over it.
The irony is strong here, maybe hit up XR7 for forums more your speed.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I swear, some of you have your heads so far up your ass you need a proctologist when you get the sniffles. Wearing a turban doesn't mean that you are a Muslim, and being a Muslim or a Sikh doesn't disqualify you from being a cop

CobraKid04

Established Member
A qualification for the job is to be clean cut and everyone wearing the same uniform. If you can't adhere to the policy then you can't be an officer. Simple. Nothing to do with racism.

If I wanted to be an architect, I need to meet certain qualifications. I do not, so I don't apply. How is this a hard concept. There are a million other jobs, they have chosen one with certain requirements.

So, no I don't agree, nor do I agree with full arm tats, beards, ear rings.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
A qualification for the job is to be clean cut and everyone wearing the same uniform. If you can't adhere to the policy then you can't be an officer. Simple. Nothing to do with racism.

If I wanted to be an architect, I need to meet certain qualifications. I do not, so I don't apply. How is this a hard concept. There are a million other jobs, they have chosen one with certain requirements.

What part of the first amendment do you not understand?
They cannot be discriminated against due to their religious beliefs.

blk02edge

Established Member

An architect requires certain clothing to do his job? no? must be a bad example then. Qualification means ability to do his job, not worry about what someone is wearing on their head. Luckily it really doesn't matter that some of you care.

truefiveo

Established Member
exactly...whats worse is it is ALLOWED to go on

These newbs are way too comfortable here....
Time to come back and start flipping them upside down over toilets.
Old school SVTP style!
giphy.gif

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Except that's not the requirement of the job and it is racism/discrimination.

If I said the requirement was to identical in appearances as well, all blonde, 6'2 with blue eyes, would you be okay with that?

As I stated before, beards where the staple in the US during hr 19th Century. Soldiers, Generals and Presidents all had them.

Bears no longer became acceptable as FASHION changed in the 20th Century which was mainly driven by the availability of modern razors and shaving cream.

Since the 1980's, there has been a push to increase the number of Black Americans to serve in the police force. This is part of the newer concept of community policing.

Many black officers have complained because "clean saving" causes infections and ingrown hairs. This genetic problem is disproportionally more common in those of African decent.

The counter argument is BS about gas masks sealing as if gas mask usage is a daily occurrence. (Tip: Put Grease or Vaseline on the seal. Works fine for tear gas.)

Today we also have once again changed fashion and I would say having a beard is more fashionable than not. This is brought on by a desire to reengage traditional styles, outdoor flare and a significant exposure to middle eastern culture (I know tons of guys that served and now wear manly beards).

Operators in the Middle East now wear beards regularly. This doesn't make them less professional, it allows them to blend in and better interact with the local culture.

Look at all the pictures of Sikhs I posted. They are all well dressed, well groomed and professional looking.

If the goal is community policing, having officers that can relate to the people they interact with and having people trust the officers that serve them... why would you not want officers from those communities? Already stated NYC is extremely diverse. They have a strong Sikh population. Those officers are going to have a better community connection then some buzz cut "respect my authority" Eagle Scout.

Also, as I stated m, there is already a hindered variants of NYPD uniforms.

Why are campaign caps, base ball hats, winter Russian earmuffs hats and stocking hats okay but a turban is not?

They don't get to wear whatever turban they want, it's one that's been approved to be part of the uniform.

They would hire you based on your ability to do the job. If they fired you because you wear a yamaka or a crucifix you can sue their asses for discrimination.

If you haven't noticed there are a ton of Sikh doctors and no one freaks because they have beards or long hair.

ASo, no I don't agree, nor do I agree with full arm tats, beards, ear rings.

Being a cop is about more then looking like an Abercrombie model. The idea that tattoos, earrings or beards somehow means you are a bad person is utterly stupid. People have tattooed and pierced themselves for +20,000 years.

We are born with and grown beards naturally as part of our natural being. It's sold a FASHION choice to have a clean shaved face.

There also many officers that serve as plain clothes and undercover.

How do you expect someone to blend in with bikers, drug dealers and pimps if they look like a the damb Hitler Youth?

Last edited:

CobraKid04

Established Member
What part of the first amendment do you not understand?
They cannot be discriminated against due to their religious beliefs.

There are a million different religions, how do we adhere to all of them. God forbid you would have to shave or take your hat off. There are standards that have been in place for decades. No hair touching shoulders, beards, tats.

I guess if a new religion starts where men want to use women restroom we should allow it. O wait that's already taking place. The current standards cannot be continued to be less and less or we loose sight of what is considered acceptable.

An architect requires certain clothing to do his job? no? must be a bad example then. Qualification means ability to do his job, not worry about what someone is wearing on their head. Luckily it really doesn't matter that some of you care.

A police officer does require certain clothing, especially on a beat. That's why women typically can't have their hair down, safety concern.

Except that's not the requirement of the job and it is racism/discrimination.

If I said the requirement was to identical in appearances as well, all blonde, 6'2 with blue eyes, would you be okay with that?

That's an extreme example.The current standards can be met by anyone.

As I stated before, beards where the staple in the US during hr 19th Century. Soldiers, Generals and Presidents all had them.

We are not soldiers. Generals, or presidents.
Bears no longer became acceptable as FASHION changed in the 20th Century which was mainly driven by the availability of modern razors and shaving cream.

Since the 1980's, there has been a push to increase the number of Black Americans to serve in the police force. This is part of the newer concept of community policing.

Many black officers have complained because "clean saving" causes infections and ingrown hairs. This genetic problem is disproportionally more common in those of African decent.

Geez how do you live with ingrown hairs....Don't care, shave be ready for work.

The counter argument is BS about gas masks sealing as if gas mask usage is a daily occurrence. (Tip: Put Grease or Vaseline on the seal. Works fine for tear gas.)

Today we also have once again changed fashion and I would say having a beard is more fashionable than not. This is brought on by a desire to reengage traditional styles, outdoor flare and a significant exposure to middle eastern culture (I know tons of guys that served and now wear manly beards).

Operators in the Middle East now wear beards regularly. This doesn't make them less professional, it allows them to blend in and better interact with the local culture.

We are not in the middle east, nor do officers need to blend in. We need to stand out on a beat. Undercover is a different story.

Look at all the pictures of Sikhs I posted. They are all well dressed, well groomed and professional looking.

Take ur head wrap off and your good to go. If they are good officers I will stand with them no problem.

If the goal is community policing, having officers that can relate to the people they interact with and having people trust the officers that serve them... why would you not want officers from those communities? Already stated NYC is extremely diverse. They have a strong Sikh population. Those officers are going to have a better community connection then some buzz cut "respect my authority" Eagle Scout.

Not the goal of community policing.

Also, as I stated m, there is already a hindered variants of NYPD uniforms.

Why are campaign caps, base ball hats, winter Russian earmuffs hats and stocking hats okay but a turban is not?

Valid point, but these are what everyone can wear. And most people in the community don't wear turbans, since that's your thing.

They don't get to wear whatever turban they want, it's one that's been approved to be part of the uniform.

I'm not even allowed to wear a baseball cap on patrol.

They would hire you based on your ability to do the job. If they fired you because you wear a yamaka or a crucifix you can sue their asses for discrimination.

If you haven't noticed there are a ton of Sikh doctors and no one freaks because they have beards or long hair.

Have you taken a police test. I guess not. it has little to do with a person's abilities. It's all background and BS civil service tests.

Being a cop is about more then looking like an Abercrombie model. The idea that tattoos, earrings or beards somehow means you are a bad person is utterly stupid. People have tattooed and pierced themselves for +20,000 years.

We are born with and grown beards naturally as part of our natural being. It's sold a FASHION choice to have a clean shaved face.

It is common knowledge in the law enforcement world, that if you look the part( uniform squared away, shaven, in shape) you will deter attacks on yourself and others.

There also many officers that serve as plain clothes and undercover.

Not the same as a patrol officer. You want to wear your turban undercover, cool.

How do you expect someone to blend in with bikers, drug dealers and pimps if they look like a the damb Hitler Youth?

I don't want a patrol officer blending in...At all. We should stand out and look the part. That's the whole point of a uniform.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
There are a million different religions, how do we adhere to all of them. God forbid you would have to shave or take your hat off. There are standards that have been in place for decades. No hair touching shoulders, beards, tats.

I guess if a new religion starts where men want to use women restroom we should allow it. O wait that's already taking place. The current standards cannot be continued to be less and less or we loose sight of what is considered acceptable....
The same department has allowed Jewish officers to wear Yarmulkes for decades.
(Little round hats)

CobraKid04

Established Member
The same department has allowed Jewish officers to wear Yarmulkes for decades.
(Little round hats)

I'm responding to the turbans, but if you want to bring the Jews in that's fine. I disagree with the little round hats.

We need to all look the same. Uniform in appearance if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread