O/R X pipe to O/R H pipe. Who has done this?

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
Who has gone from an O/R X pipe to an O/R H pipe?

I have a suspicion that the O/R H in general is a little quieter and more muscle car sounding throughout the whole rpm range... and the O/R X is nascar loud, and raspy....

Did you feel more low end power/torque with the H as opposed to the X?

Any other notable differences?

billabong333

Established Member
I switched from and x to an h. The h has a deeper sound but the loudness is about the same. The x is raspier and that's one of the reasons I switched to the h and the h does have more of a muscle car sound than the x's higher pitched sound especially when your going through the gears. I didn't feel any difference in low end power at all or any other difference in performance. They felt the same to me.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Have you looked into welding in a Mac Pro chamber? I love my off-road h but would definitely consider the pro chamber if I was to mod my exhaust again.

fmylife

Established Member
Have you looked into welding in a Mac Pro chamber? I love my off-road h but would definitely consider the pro chamber if I was to mod my exhaust again.

I cut out the stock X on my '08 and installed a cut 'n clamp ProChamber. Actually got a little quieter with the KR axleback but sounds better all around. I'm sure it would sound even better with no cats.

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
I switched from and x to an h. The h has a deeper sound but the loudness is about the same. The x is raspier and that's one of the reasons I switched to the h and the h does have more of a muscle car sound than the x's higher pitched sound especially when your going through the gears. I didn't feel any difference in low end power at all or any other difference in performance. They felt the same to me.

Figured I'd try a cheaper solution to my issue, rather than drive an hour and a half and pay more money for mufflers.
gonna be just as loud

I cut out the stock X on my '08 and installed a cut 'n clamp ProChamber. Actually got a little quieter with the KR axleback but sounds better all around. I'm sure it would sound even better with no cats.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member

Can you post up a sound clip? I'm curious as to how it sounds on our cars. I've only heard them on the old 5.0's.

SirShaun

Established Member
Same loudness. With the X I had the same tone up until 3000 RPM. Switched to the H now I can hear the RPMs in all their goodness.

Flowmaster Outlaws Paired with Lethal Off Road H is teh sex.

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
Same loudness. With the X I had the same tone up until 3000 RPM. Switched to the H now I can hear the RPMs in all their goodness.

Flowmaster Outlaws Paired with Lethal Off Road H is teh sex.
Umm... really? I love the sound of outlaws on the 5.0s

How do they sound on our cars? Have a video or soundclip!? Would love this option.

Harry08

Established Member
Offload H with factory 07-09 mufflers sounds nice and deep at idle and really aggressive at wot. You can pick up a set of mufflers in the classifieds here very reasonably priced.

SirShaun

Established Member
This video is what sold me on Outlaws + Off Road H.

[video=youtube;DTa7wwqDAzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTa7wwqDAzY[/video]

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Started with o/r x pipe a little raspy and would wake the dead at wot. Rest of exhaust stock and went to the o/r h and it's much quieter. Honestly miss the x sound but the neighbors appreciate the h more I think.

Users who are viewing this thread