Odd mod

TXRickC

Established Member
Swapped my Leather back seat out for a Cloth version. Picked it up for $115 from a 2010 donor.
As you can see in the pic, the boys car seats are putting indentions into the leather (even with the mats that help prevent this) So the Leather seats will be stored for a few years. All of the indentions have already disappeared. Just don't think they would have after a couple years with car seats back there.

The Cloth ones looked pretty filthy upon delivery (like they had sat in a dirt pile for a while). Vacuumed, and steam cleaned 3 times. Look great, for what little will be seen anyways.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
Good idea. I was going to mention covering the backs of the front seats (my kids' footprints are all over them), but it looks like you've already taken care of that.:thumbsup:

NuclearPower

Established Member
Swapped my Leather back seat out for a Cloth version. Picked it up for $115 from a 2010 donor.
As you can see in the pic, the boys car seats are putting indentions into the leather (even with the mats that help prevent this) So the Leather seats will be stored for a few years. All of the indentions have already disappeared. Just don't think they would have after a couple years with car seats back there.

The Cloth ones looked pretty filthy upon delivery (like they had sat in a dirt pile for a while). Vacuumed, and steam cleaned 3 times. Look great, for what little will be seen anyways.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Dude, that's freaking awsome! Talk about a family hauler! :thumbsup:

pony23

Established Member
hmmmmm,great idea. I might do this for my daughters car seat.

Black Sex

Established Member
Good idea. I was going to mention covering the backs of the front seats (my kids' footprints are all over them), but it looks like you've already taken care of that.:thumbsup:

I always just pull their shoes off.

Good thinking OP

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Those back seats aren't leather. The only leather in these cars is on the front seats and only on the parts you sit on. The rest is cheap vinyl.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Good idea. I don't think anyone has ever sat in my backseat :shrug:

bull3441

Established Member
the logical next step would be the Ford Racing recaro's for the front, they are cloth

Users who are viewing this thread