Oem style carbon fiber hood

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Just wondering. I've looked but have not found any yet. I love the stock 97 Cobra hood but not the weight. Plus the paint is starting to oxidate so its just another excuse for me to upgrade. If any one knows who makes them let me know where I can find it.

dlt85

Established Member
are they the actually cobra hood with the 2 little scoops and bulge in the middle, or are they just like the GT hood? I'm curious as well

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
yeah it is.. my friend ran my old gt into a truck and it got mangled, but now ive got my cobra :)

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I heard that it was reinforced fiberglass as well. Don't really know. Cant imagine it would be a huge weight difference unless the carbon fiber is the same make up as those on fighter jets. Then the hood would weigh like 7lbs wet.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
The stock hood is about 35-36lbs. My CF cowl hood I went with is 14lbs. I was going to buy this stock CF hood but I went with a cowl hood. Always wanted one. -Mark

96-98carbonfiber.gif

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
That heat extracting racing hood is pretty cool. I'm considering one of these over next winter to get some weight off of the front plus make under the hood cooler when at speed.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
Is it just me, or does that Erebuni CF hood not have the center bulge?

I dont think the ones in the webite's pics had the bulge either.

I was thinking ov something like this for my GT, but that missing bump would bug me...

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
It's there, it's just a funny reflection and it's hard to see, you can kinda see the front of the buldge in the reflection if you look real hard.

351inside

Established Member
my cowl hood is 21 lbs and its fiberglass, i couldnt dish out another 500+ just for 7 lbs

edit, woah way to bring a thread back from the dead lol... it looks like that website is going out of bussiness and everything is on sale, cf hoods cost 280 gt style!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread