WANTED: OEM style clutch cable and LTH catless Midpipe

pridemore54

Established Member
Could use some help sourcing these parts. I believe my clutch cable is stretched and makes it difficult to engage first and reverse.

Also my midpipe has a pretty annoying exhaust leak that I'm tired of listening to.

Thanks for any help!

hotcobra03

Established Member
Remove cable. Drench it with WD-40 inside casing ,
I had this issue with hard to push pedal,

I have bbk off road mid pipe.

It has leaked before ,I've found issues with clamping to cat back ,,had to shim cat back clamp side for clamp to hold seal tight.

Also. Mid pipe may have to be brand matched ,

pridemore54

Established Member
Remove cable. Drench it with WD-40 inside casing ,
I had this issue with hard to push pedal,

I have bbk off road mid pipe.

It has leaked before ,I've found issues with clamping to cat back ,,had to shim cat back clamp side for clamp to hold seal tight.

Also. Mid pipe may have to be brand matched ,
Appreciate it man. Mine is also a BBK off road midpipe. I'm pretty sure mine is at the manifold to header connection. There's a dent in the flange that I can't rule out as being the source. Everything else seems good to go.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i'd be willing to bet you don't need a cable. in my experience, first and reverse difficulty is a clear symptom of insufficent disengagement. try to put it into gear with key on/engine off. it should go in easily, which indicates incorrect clutch adjustment.

but if you still want to source an oe-like cable, i would try maximum motorsports. they claim to have a deal with the original supplier, although i believe they've been out of stock for a while (but keep saying they're going to get more in).

best of luck with it.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Appreciate it man. Mine is also a BBK off road midpipe. I'm pretty sure mine is at the manifold to header connection. There's a dent in the flange that I can't rule out as being the source. Everything else seems good to go.
Front connection is ball style also. No gasket,,

Here lube and rubber mallet,
Work both sides down together.

I do have a crack on passenger side header where all 4 tubes meet.

Can't hear it unless you use a tool like stethoscope,,

Users who are viewing this thread