Official 2017-18 NBA thread

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
EDIT: Nevermind. If I have to explain it, you're too homerific to talk to.

LOL I saw your post before you edited it.

I'll backtrack a bit and actually agree with you. Houston does set moving screens on the P&R to get favorable match-ups for the iso offense. However, I think that the moving screen on the P&R has become the norm in the NBA over the past 20-25 years, it is rarely (if ever) called by the refs. It has become just as acceptable as traveling...SMH.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Setting a screen on a pick and roll is vastly different from the bulldozing and grabbing GS did. Especially Bogut. Dude did nothing but mow people over. Everyone knows they do it, except you apparently.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Setting a screen on a pick and roll is vastly different from the bulldozing and grabbing GS did. Especially Bogut. Dude did nothing but mow people over. Everyone knows they do it, except you apparently.

I hope you are referring to Coiled03.

I never said Houston sets moving screens as much as GSW, just that they set moving screens on the P&R to get favorable match ups (just like the rest of the NBA over the past 20 years).

That said, outside of the P&R, GSW sets more moving screens than any team I have ever seen. I think Curry was shooting a 3 in Game 1 from the corner and one of his teammates ass-pushed the defender 15 feet...no call made. LOL

What really infuriates me is that Curry moves so well without the ball to get open, he doesn't need the illegal help, but the refs allow it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I hope you are referring to Coiled03.

I never said Houston sets moving screens as much as GSW, just that they set moving screens on the P&R to get favorable match ups (just like the rest of the NBA over the past 20 years).

That said, outside of the P&R, GSW sets more moving screens than any team I have ever seen. I think Curry was shooting a 3 in Game 1 from the corner and one of his teammates ass-pushed the defender 15 feet...no call made. LOL

What really infuriates me is that Curry moves so well without the ball to get open, he doesn't need the illegal help, but the refs allow it.

Yes I was referring to him, sorry for not making that clear.

And yes, they do it more than anyone and have been for a while. And yes Curry (and Thompson for that matter) moves well enough to not need the moving screens but hey, if the refs are never going to call it they may as well run everyone over to make sure their shots are open I guess.

Coiled03

Established Member

Only people that "know it" seem to be Houston fans, but whatever. I've never heard a single other person complain about them doing it. At least, nobody that knows what they're talking about. I mean, you can't be serious with this crap. Virtually every time down the floor in the WCF Houston set a moving screen for Harden, or whoever had the ball.

And Bogut? You're seriously still pissed about that guy? He hasn't played for the Warriors since 2016, which I'm sure you know. Maybe get over it?

Anyhow, can we all just get back to hating Cleveland?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Durant was in full on ****ing beast mode

Maybe LeBron should quit trying to play GM

Lastly ESPN really nailed how unprepared the Cavs defense is compared to the schemes the Rockets were running

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Only people that "know it" seem to be Houston fans, but whatever. I've never heard a single other person complain about them doing it. At least, nobody that knows what they're talking about. I mean, you can't be serious with this crap. Virtually every time down the floor in the WCF Houston set a moving screen for Harden, or whoever had the ball.

And Bogut? You're seriously still pissed about that guy? He hasn't played for the Warriors since 2016, which I'm sure you know. Maybe get over it?

Anyhow, can we all just get back to hating Cleveland?

LOL you're so full of it. Plenty of fans from across the league have talked about GS and their screens for years now. So have players. Keep your head in the sand though it's cool.

I always have time to hate Cleveland. Just roll over and get swept you losers!

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
sixers thankfully "mutually part ways with" / fire colangelo and are now one of the hottest destinations for gm's.

hoping they find a good one.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
34910572_1714544572000154_6125609175054548992_n.jpg

kaz109

Established Member
Bron to the Lakers. Now I wonder if they can land boogie and kwahi Leonard

Coiled03

Established Member
funny how everyone was trying to put him to the 76ers right up until the announcement

It wouldn't have been a good fit, imho. It would've made Ben Simmons utterly useless by taking the ball out of his hands. Plus, LeBroom probably doesn't want to baby sit at this point in his career. Although, he's going to a team with a couple one-and-done dudes that care more about Twitter beef than playing ball, so I might be wrong about that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It wouldn't have been a good fit, imho. It would've made Ben Simmons utterly useless by taking the ball out of his hands. Plus, LeBroom probably doesn't want to baby sit at this point in his career. Although, he's going to a team with a couple one-and-done dudes that care more about Twitter beef than playing ball, so I might be wrong about that.

ya Lakers current roster doesn't make much sense for an older guy that needs to win sooner than later if hes going to. Then again it looks like theyre just tooling up for next off season with 1 year deals and a couple solid signings

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
lebron went to los angeles for life AFTER basketball. would he like to win another championship? sure. everyone would. but he's accomplished a lot already.

the first time he left cleveland, was to win a championship. he did that.

he came back to cleveland and won a championship with his "home town" team. check that off the list.

signing a 4 year deal with los angeles gives them a chance to build something around him.. and give him a chance to possibly go on one more run. but at this point, he's more focused on what happens next. he wants to be like magic in the sense of type of business man he can become when he retires.

he'll attract other stars, but the west is still going to be a murderer's row no matter how you slice it. if lebron really cared about another championship, he would have went to an east coast team as that road is easier.

but his choice, as he's made clear.. was family and life after basketball.

Coiled03

Established Member
Boogie Cousins to the Warriors, LOL! That's a big eff you to the rest of the league.

He probably won't play until January at least. But if he's even half of his old self come playoff time.....wow.

Users who are viewing this thread