Official 2017-18 NBA thread

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Boogie Cousins to the Warriors, LOL! That's a big eff you to the rest of the league.

He probably won't play until January at least. But if he's even half of his old self come playoff time.....wow.

this... league is broken af.

have fun with space jam 2, lebron.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I don't think this move did anything to the NBA. The Warriors are the same, not really better. Cousins won't be playing until the 2nd half of the season as he still recovers. And it was a ruptured Achilles; I doubt he'll be back to even 80%. Plus if he recovers well he won't be with GS next year. As this was a 1 year deal they can only pay him 120% of this $5.3m contract amount in the future (please correct me if I've wrong).

Ariza not going back to the Rockets, and them possibly not resigning Capela, would do much more to improve the Warriors than getting a broken Cousins.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Boogie Cousins to the Warriors, LOL! That's a big eff you to the rest of the league.

He probably won't play until January at least. But if he's even half of his old self come playoff time.....wow.

What's the point of watching NBA basketball anymore now?

I really dont understand the whole "the league is ****ed" attitude over this. He's a huge unknown, if he was such a guaranteed game changer he wouldn't have received 0 phone calls and had to call the Warriors himself.

In other news I've seen a couple things pop up about Isiah Thomas in discussion with the Magic.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Also, this Warriors "dynasty" will end soon enough. People will want more money. I feel the team doesn't handle adversity well, so they could easily implode against a better Rocket's squad, a Kawhi/Lebron Lakers team, or definitely a healthy Boston. Plus, KD signed essentially a 1 year contract, so he could start a new chapter somewhere else.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Screenshot_20180705-111427_Instagram-360x740.jpg.08db34a84787633f66688f4abcfeeb6e.jpg

don't care what anyone says, that to me is promising. for all the crap fultz was given as a rookie about forgetting how to shoot, he's working to correct that.

it's so much better than simmons, who is not working on his shot, and is currently fine with not shooting.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't think this move did anything to the NBA. The Warriors are the same, not really better. Cousins won't be playing until the 2nd half of the season as he still recovers. And it was a ruptured Achilles; I doubt he'll be back to even 80%. Plus if he recovers well he won't be with GS next year. As this was a 1 year deal they can only pay him 120% of this $5.3m contract amount in the future (please correct me if I've wrong).

Ariza not going back to the Rockets, and them possibly not resigning Capela, would do much more to improve the Warriors than getting a broken Cousins.

Already confirmed that the Rockets will match any offer for Capela.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Ok, I certainly hoped so! I need to brush up on the restricted free agent rules, I wasn't sure when the Rockets can just resign him.

He's a restricted free agent so the Rockets have the right of first refusal and have 7 days to match any offer made by another team.

Coiled03

Established Member
Kawhi traded to the Raptors lol. Feels like a big eff you from the Spurs to Kawhi. But I'm sure they were taking the best deal they thought they could get.

I don't think they got enough. DeMar? Dude is about as anti-clutch as it gets, and definitely can't defend like Kawhi. And that 1st round pick they got is gonna be pretty low.

Rare40th

Established Member
Kawhi traded to the Raptors lol. Feels like a big eff you from the Spurs to Kawhi. But I'm sure they were taking the best deal they thought they could get.

I don't think they got enough. DeMar? Dude is about as anti-clutch as it gets, and definitely can't defend like Kawhi. And that 1st round pick they got is gonna be pretty low.

I think SA definitely got the short end of the stick but that was their choice. I mean they sent out Leonard and Green for Derozan and Polt(sp?)

That or they just don't give 2 craps about Leonard at this point knowing he's going to LA next year. So it was kind of trade him and have someone who'd play or don't and have someone who would end up just riding bench refusing to play and creating a headache in the locker room

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
This was the Spurs looking for some sense of consistency next year. Kawhi would have waffled, complained, not played, etc. Parker gone, owners getting a divorce, Pop's wife passing, who knows about Ginobli...a lot of changes and trouble for a franchise not used to it. At least DeMar is pretty good, and has a few year left on his contract, so that's one smooth spot. They knew Kawhi was bouncing and not happy, so might as well get something in return now.

Now Toronto, they have to know he will be gone next year. Are they doing this as a salary dump of DeMar and jumpstarting a rebuild for the 19-20 season?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Warriors will win it again in 2019...wake me up if/when Durant leaves Oakland.

On another note, as a guy who grew up in NE Ohio and has roots in Akron, I will say this...it doesn't matter what you think of Lebron as a basketball player, what he has done over the years for Akron and especially the kids there is incredible: The first day of LeBron James' I Promise school looks amazing

Coiled03

Established Member
Warriors will win it again in 2019...wake me up if/when Durant leaves Oakland.

On another note, as a guy who grew up in NE Ohio and has roots in Akron, I will say this...it doesn't matter what you think of Lebron as a basketball player, what he has done over the years for Akron and especially the kids there is incredible: The first day of LeBron James' I Promise school looks amazing

Meh - injuries can change everything in an instant. I'll still watch.

I don't disagree LeBron has done great things in his home town. I just wish he'd shut his pie hole when it comes to social issues. Every time he speaks, he sounds more out of touch.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I think this will be a fun season, especially as a Lakers fan. I'm assuming the Warriors take it, but the Spurs got worse (depending on if DeMar plays with a chip on his shoulder) and so did the Rockets. OKC is pretty much the same. ESPN makes it seem like LeBron is suddenly 50, the veterans they signed will be the 4 Stooges, there will be regression from Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, and Ingram, and that Magic and Rob are Jim Buss V2.0. I have to laugh at all that. My prediction is Lakers lose in 5 to the Warriors in the Conference Finals.

The East will be fun to watch Boston and Philly. I'm just waiting for the Lakers and Boston to be back on top of the NBA as it should be.

@Coiled03 I agree 100% with LeBron's social justice talk. While I do think athletes like him can use their platform if they want to make change, but the way he goes about it could be better. What he's doing with his school is good, but cool it with the virtue signaling speeches. If you think police are racist/whatever, sit down with a police chief from one of these precincts that shot an "innocent" person. If you think Trump is doing something wrong, ask to meet with him. He would take that meeting.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Meh - injuries can change everything in an instant. I'll still watch.

I don't disagree LeBron has done great things in his home town. I just wish he'd shut his pie hole when it comes to social issues. Every time he speaks, he sounds more out of touch.

Agreed.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think this will be a fun season, especially as a Lakers fan. I'm assuming the Warriors take it, but the Spurs got worse (depending on if DeMar plays with a chip on his shoulder) and so did the Rockets. OKC is pretty much the same. ESPN makes it seem like LeBron is suddenly 50, the veterans they signed will be the 4 Stooges, there will be regression from Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, and Ingram, and that Magic and Rob are Jim Buss V2.0. I have to laugh at all that. My prediction is Lakers lose in 5 to the Warriors in the Conference Finals.

Interesting take. I don't see the Lakers being better than the Rockets. Harden, Paul, and Capela are the core of the team and they went 53-7 when they all played last year. The rest are just pieces.

Coiled03

Established Member
Interesting take. I don't see the Lakers being better than the Rockets. Harden, Paul, and Capela are the core of the team and they went 53-7 when they all played last year. The rest are just pieces.

Yeah, but you guys also added Stage IV Carmelo Anthony, aka cancer.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah, but you guys also added Stage IV Carmelo Anthony, aka cancer.

That's a fair comment. I think Melo will mesh better with Harden and CP3 than he did in OKC. Dantoni will figure out a way. He just has to realize he's getting older and he's not the primary ball handler and scorer. Let those 2 create and take your open shots. We'll see how it works out.

Coiled03

Established Member
That's a fair comment. I think Melo will mesh better with Harden and CP3 than he did in OKC. Dantoni will figure out a way. He just has to realize he's getting older and he's not the primary ball handler and scorer. Let those 2 create and take your open shots. We'll see how it works out.

If he could realize that, he would've had a ring by now somewhere else, most likely. His ego is just too big. I don't wish ill will on you guys. I just don't see how it can work out any way other than what happened in OKC. In other words, an awkward ending with Melo being unsatisfied, and leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread