Official 2018-19 NHL thread

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, typical Lightning. So inconsistent, I’ll be surprised if we get out of this series. They have been a 1 or 2 period team all season, very rare they put in a good 3 period game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Wow, typical Lightning. So inconsistent, I’ll be surprised if we get out of this series. They have been a 1 or 2 period team all season, very rare they put in a good 3 period game.

That could be the most unlikely outcome of the entire playoffs. To go down 3-0 to one of the best regular season teams in history and come back to win is indeed a shocker. Great win for BJ's but I still can't see Tampa losing this series though.

mysterio

Established Member
That could be the most unlikely outcome of the entire playoffs. To go down 3-0 to one of the best regular season teams in history and come back to win is indeed a shocker. Great win for BJ's but I still can't see Tampa losing this series though.

All the teams in the playoffs just became fans of the Jackets. Except one. ;)

mysterio

Established Member
Is that what the Bruins call playoff hockey? I wish I had that time back and did something more worthwhile like clean my toilet bowl.

Bruins played pond hockey, and looked instantly old and slow.

Leafs played speed and skill hockey, which is a winning formula these days.

Boston managed 5 shots on goal in the 3rd per? Are they f'ing kidding us??

mysterio

Established Member
Much better effort from Boston in game 2.

And Kardri is a little punk ass bitch that should get 5 games for that nasty head shot. No excuse for that, and he’s a repeat offender.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

And Kardri is a little punk ass bitch that should get 5 games for that nasty head shot. No excuse for that, and he’s a repeat offender.

Now that was a fun game and not just because the Bruins won but it was actually entertaining. Game 1 was just a dull, boring, lifeless game that could have been a meaningless mid November regular season game.

Tonight was as physical a Bruins game as I've seen in probably 3 years.

mysterio

Established Member
The president's trophy is an albatross around a team's neck.

I read somewhere where no president's trophy winner has ever been swept in the first round. This is like living in bizarro world.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member

Nazem Kadri doing Nazem Kadri things 2 years in a row. I'm not surprised at all, but I'll guess that the league continues to be soft on these incidents and he only gets suspended for 3 or 4 games for that crap that he pulled Saturday night. I'd have absolutely no problem if it was 5 or more though.

The Jets finally get their shit together and figure out the Blues in game 3, hopefully the rest of the series looks a lot more like last nights effort.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Good pressure to close the game. Anderson played very well (also in game 2). On to game 4...

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Anddddd there’s the sweep. Just like I called. I saw this coming the way the lightning played the last few games of the season. Choke artist of the year

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Anddddd there’s the sweep. Just like I called. I saw this coming the way the lightning played the last few games of the season. Choke artist of the year

Gotta be one of the biggest playoff upsets in NHL history. Nobody saw this coming.

Pens going down in 4 also. Not surprised Isles could win but not in a sweep.

Users who are viewing this thread