Official 2018-19 NHL thread

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Steve, you're absolutely right. The entire top line, by and large, has been M.I.A. You can't win games by scoring 1 goal.

Looks like the "Perfection" line showed up in the nick of time to extend the series. I believe I also seen a stat last night that said the B's are 16-0 in playoff games when Marchand scores a goal?? Better hope he's got one more left in him this week!

One game for it all. I don't know what to think anymore. I'll be in the building. Can't wait.

Awesome! I gotta ask what that ticket's worth?

mysterio

Established Member
I've had season tickets for 10 years now so I paid face value $178 per seat (I'm in the balcony). But from what I've seen the cheapest ticket is around $1500.

That’s awesome, man. You’ll have another lifetime memory, and hopefully a positive one.

I’ve never forgotten the thrill of seeing the Stanley Cup presented live, back in ‘78 at the old Garden. Even though the Habs had their 70’s dynasty going, it was just inspiring to see that trophy in person.

M91196

Established Member
That’s awesome, man. You’ll have another lifetime memory, and hopefully a positive one.

I’ve never forgotten the thrill of seeing the Stanley Cup presented live, back in ‘78 at the old Garden. Even though the Habs had their 70’s dynasty going, it was just inspiring to see that trophy in person.

Dryden, that Bruin slaying Hab bastard.......

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Saw the cup raise in 2013 (wrong team), would have absolutely been there as a season ticket holder, but booked a family vacation months ago. Cant believe I'll be missing this game. GO B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysterio

Established Member
I’m just numb. And I have this sinking feeling that was the core group’s last kick at the can. Based on the long grind of an NHL season, and now a short off season, odds of them being a contender next season are not high.

We can look at recent examples of the Pens, Caps, Black Hawks and Kings to see that the window only stays open for so long.

Steve, you can add me to your ‘trade Marchand’ camp. The guy’s got his head up his ass too much of the time out there.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I’m just numb. And I have this sinking feeling that was the core group’s last kick at the can. Based on the long grind of an NHL season, and now a short off season, odds of them being a contender next season are not high.

We can look at recent examples of the Pens, Caps, Black Hawks and Kings to see that the window only stays open for so long.

Steve, you can add me to your ‘trade Marchand’ camp. The guy’s got his head up his ass too much of the time out there.

Marchand makes my blood boil. He's not the only reason but he is the biggest reason they lost this game, from that power play chance he missed where he had half the net to shoot at and puts it right back into Binnington, to his half ass effort on the Blues 2nd goal and then deciding to go for a line change with less than 10 seconds left in the period. Just incomprehensible.

I'm not going to say the Bruins path to the finals was easy but it was extremely helpful not having to go through Tampa or Washington. So I agree this was probably the last chance for their core group.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Amazing story. Out of the playoffs in January to Stanley Cup champions in June with a game 7 win on the road! I feel dirty saying it as a Blackhawks fan, but congratulations to St. Louis.
I'm not a big hockey fan, but I was drawn to this series because of how the Blues rose in the rankings since January. Congrats to them. They certainly placed one hell of a defensive game last night. Their goalie, Binnington, was stellar!

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
They certainly placed one hell of a defensive game last night. Their goalie, Binnington, was stellar!

They played crushing defense for most of their playoff games, especially in elimination games & that Binnington kid came out of nowhere in January and carried them all the way to the cup. No way that team would have been anywhere close to the final if they'd still been using either of their other 2 goalies.
Tough break for the Bruins, I really wanted to see Big Z get one more to be rewarded for being such a warrior & awesome leader to that group of players. I didn't pay that close attention to their run, but it was obvious what a tight group these players were from what I did see.
They weren't the team I was cheering for, but congrats to ST.L on their first Stanley Cup win....it only took them 50 years in the league to do it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Talk about a goalie setting the tone early on. Could of easily been 4 goals for the Bruins early on.
Still shocked the Blues pulled that off.

Users who are viewing this thread