Official 2022 College Football Thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Hats off to ND for a great challenge tonight. Their D Line is tough and they are well coached. They should be able to win a lot of games and lurk in the top 4 until their offense catches up.

My Buckeyes were an enigma tonight. Losing JSN to injury and not having Fleming available really limited our passing game, but it was refreshing to see us pound the rock against an elite D line and play amazing defense. Sky's the limit based on our performance tonight. Kudos to ND...a worthy opponent.
C'mon, there's no way you really thought they were good. OSU should've mopped the field with them. They do tend to start slow and get better as the season goes on though.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
C'mon, there's no way you really thought they were good. OSU should've mopped the field with them. They do tend to start slow and get better as the season goes on though.
Eh...each season is a new beginning. I thought Freeman would have his team ready to play, and it seemed like he did. However, he shouldn't have put all his eggs in one basket (going ballz out in week 1) and forgetting that week 2 comes next...then week 3...then week 4....

The best coaches seem to play the "long game" and their teams get better as the season progresses. It looks like ND might be going in the opposite direction (and I couldn't be happier, frankly LOL).

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think Bama deserves to be #2 they barely won both their games. If Texas didn’t lose Ewers they would have won that game

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think Bama deserves to be #2 they barely won both their games. If Texas didn’t lose Ewers they would have won that game
Can’t beat the good old boy network.

Hell, if they hit that kick or the refs hadn’t screwed them on the safety and face mask…

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Eh...each season is a new beginning. I thought Freeman would have his team ready to play, and it seemed like he did. However, he shouldn't have put all his eggs in one basket (going ballz out in week 1) and forgetting that week 2 comes next...then week 3...then week 4....

The best coaches seem to play the "long game" and their teams get better as the season progresses. It looks like ND might be going in the opposite direction (and I couldn't be happier, frankly LOL).
Finally something we can both agree on lol.
Can’t beat the good old boy network.

Hell, if they hit that kick or the refs hadn’t screwed them on the safety and face mask…
Bama hasn't looked good but I watched that "blown safety call" several times. They made the right call. He wasn't down and he tried to get it to the RB that was standing right at the goal line. Hell of a heads up play. Sucks for UT fans that they were so close but it is what it is.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally something we can both agree on lol.

Bama hasn't looked good but I watched that "blown safety call" several times. They made the right call. He wasn't down and he tried to get it to the RB that was standing right at the goal line. Hell of a heads up play. Sucks for UT fans that they were so close but it is what it is.
i agree he wasn't down, I didn't watch a million replays and don't know who anybody is. The argument I was looking at was saying it should have been intentional grounding which would have been a safety for doing it in the endzone.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
i agree he wasn't down, I didn't watch a million replays and don't know who anybody is. The argument I was looking at was saying it should have been intentional grounding which would have been a safety for doing it in the endzone.
He shin was down before he let the ball go. I've got a great pic of it but can't post it for some reason. And I'm an Alabama Fan.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He shin was down before he let the ball go. I've got a great pic of it but can't post it for some reason. And I'm an Alabama Fan.
Here's a close up vid of it you can watch in slow motion. Doesn't look like he's ever down and they watched the replay from multiple angles. In order for it to be intentional grounding there would have to be no receiver in the area and there was. #2 was standing right there. It never got to him because it bounced off the defender's dome.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Here's a close up vid of it you can watch in slow motion. Doesn't look like he's ever down and they watched the replay from multiple angles. In order for it to be intentional grounding there would have to be no receiver in the area and there was. #2 was standing right there. It never got to him because it bounced off the defender's dome.

I agree with the no call on the safety. I also think it was a good call to erase the targeting and roughing.

The officials missed some crazy calls against Bama, especially the facemask on Robinson at the 5 yard line when TX was up by 3 points. If TX gets that call (and it was obvious) it would be first and goal from the 2 yard line, not third and goal from the 5. How they missed that is beyond me.

I don't think it matters at the end of the day, though. Bama's O Line and skill position players are mediocre. They have several losses coming their way this year.

I do find it funny that they looked so bad yet only UGA jumped them (and only in one poll, not both). FFS, Bama gotta lose twice to drop I guess. To each his own. No one fears Bama this year.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I agree with the no call on the safety. I also think it was a good call to erase the targeting and roughing.

The officials missed some crazy calls against Bama, especially the facemask on Robinson at the 5 yard line when TX was up by 3 points. If TX gets that call (and it was obvious) it would be first and goal from the 2 yard line, not third and goal from the 5. How they missed that is beyond me.

I don't think it matters at the end of the day, though. Bama's O Line and skill position players are mediocre. They have several losses coming their way this year.

I do find it funny that they looked so bad yet only UGA jumped them (and only in one poll, not both). FFS, Bama gotta lose twice to drop I guess. To each his own. No one fears Bama this year.
Agreed (gonna have to stop doing this). Bama does not look like the juggernaut of old, which is strange because they are fully stocked with talent.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Rocky Top Comin'...

19021910.jpeg

beau t

Established Member
You still think we can make a bowl game? ( from the SEC shorts had me rolling). AS for the Bama Texas game i felt like the refs were pretty even on what was missed Bama may have got 1 or 2 more going their way, as the teams improve over the season "most" of the time so does the officiating.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That hurts, to be fair we have a crappy game every year. I doubt...you will see Alabama play this bad again this season.
I agree, just like the UF game last year. But...for whatever reason the recruited talent isn't paying dividends on the field for Bama (yet). Last year, if they didn't have JaMo, they would have lost a couple of games IMO. I'm wondering if they are missing on recruits they bring in or if the turn over in the coaching ranks is taking its toll at those two positions (WR, O Line). It just seems like Bama is "off."

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I agree, just like the UF game last year. But...for whatever reason the recruited talent isn't paying dividends on the field for Bama (yet). Last year, if they didn't have JaMo, they would have lost a couple of games IMO. I'm wondering if they are missing on recruits they bring in or if the turn over in the coaching ranks is taking its toll at those two positions (WR, O Line). It just seems like Bama is "off."
Be great if we could stop training coaches for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread