Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Thread

Kiohtee

Established Member
Despite having just built a gaming PC, I'm playing this via Xbox One for the time being. I suck at WASD and mouse but realize how superior it is over a gamepad. Haven't even installed the Infinite Warfare portion of the game (and don't know that I will).

So, anybody else pay $80 for what is essentially a better looking, supported version of the hit 2007 game? :lol:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Havent touched a COD game since BLOPS 2 and dont think ill be going there anytime soon. MW 2 IMO was the best MW game ever. If they were to re-master that game and bring it back for under $20, MAYBE i’ll consider going back.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I would love to buy only the modern warfare remaster, i just can't bring myself to buy the whole package knowing ill never play the new one. COD lost me awhile back, probably at black ops 2. I loved COD4 modern warfare and #2. The early black ops were good too, but then everything started getting too complicated and futuristic for me. I prefer the simplicity the older games offered. I had a ton of time in those games and was pretty good in online play, but now i can't even compete with these 12 and 13 year old kids kicking my ass lol

MG01GT

Established Member
I have really been enjoying BF1.... they knocked it out the park IMO. You need to focus on squad based tactics and I feel like that with all the old school weapons you start to see a lot of these guys that do the typical run and gun stuff really don't fair to well any more.

G04cobra

Established Member
I'm waiting to see if there's a decent black Friday deal. I haven't played in 6-7 years but I've heard it's too futuristic.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
The remastered MW is awesome, brings back memories when the svt clan used to play every night! There was always 5 to 10 of us nightly.

Im PS4. If you add me make sure i know who you are here.

xDARK-GHOSTx

NinjaFlip11

Dark Ghost +1 !!!!! I cant remember my old password for my 2003 SVT ROUSH screen name so i used my psn for this haha
Anyways I am down to play on ... the 10th, I Gave my ps4 to my kid so I am waiting for my ps4 pro. When I pick it up ill be on seeking OG SVT personal!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Consumer: Complains that the CoD series is too futuristic.

A CoD Developer: Remasters, literally, a modern warfare title.

Consumer: Nope, not playing anymore CoD games.

I get that $80 is a good chunk of change to plop down for a video game. Especially if you don't have time to play (like me). I also realize you have to buy the crappy futuristic shit in order to get the good stuff, but come on guys! You don't think IW is watching their server counts to see where the majority of players are at?

I guess the silver lining is I've read a few articles where some kind of contract or agreement of some type expires after this year, and it's supposedly concerning the futuristic stuff. So maybe we'll revert back to more Modern Warfare-type games soon enough regardless. They definitely sell better IIRC.

Last edited:

Just_A_GT

Established Member
have it for ps4. i think my favorite part about playing remastered is you don't run into ppl jumping all over the damn place using the scuff controllers to fly around while shooting at you.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I would love to buy only the modern warfare remaster, i just can't bring myself to buy the whole package knowing ill never play the new one. COD lost me awhile back, probably at black ops 2. I loved COD4 modern warfare and #2. The early black ops were good too, but then everything started getting too complicated and futuristic for me. I prefer the simplicity the older games offered. I had a ton of time in those games and was pretty good in online play, but now i can't even compete with these 12 and 13 year old kids kicking my ass lol

I recently looked back at my COD 4 playing time. I have over 26 days into it lol. I had no life.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I recently looked back at my COD 4 playing time. I have over 26 days into it lol. I had no life.

I had four different accounts for the original MW. If it wasn't so hacked I'd buy a 360 again just for that game. Regardless of what IW said they were going to do with this new version, they changed the mechanics if ever so slightly and it just doesn't feel 100% original.

Zemedici

Established Member
Gotta say - I have a much better time shooting guys on the ground vs them flying around my head.

But! I still got bored by lvl 20 or so.....

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Consumer: Complains that the CoD series is too futuristic.

A CoD Developer: Remasters, literally, a modern warfare title.

Consumer: Nope, not playing anymore CoD games.

I get that $80 is a good chunk of change to plop down for a video game. Especially if you don't have time to play (like me). I also realize you have to buy the crappy futuristic shit in order to get the good stuff, but come on guys! You don't think IW is watching their server counts to see where the majority of players are at?

I guess the silver lining is I've read a few articles where some kind of contract or agreement of some type expires after this year, and it's supposedly concerning the futuristic stuff. So maybe we'll revert back to more Modern Warfare-type games soon enough regardless. They definitely sell better IIRC.
So why not just sell the remastered as a stand alone for $20 or so? They know they won’t sell much so they added the stand alone with a premium price. They’are not stupid and are still the same company who only care about numbers.

IW is not what it was before especially after a bunch of the original MW devs quit sometime after MW 2

Kiohtee

Established Member
Gotta say - I have a much better time shooting guys on the ground vs them flying around my head.

But! I still got bored by lvl 20 or so.....

They need all of the original maps plus DLC and then some honestly.

So why not just sell the remastered as a stand alone for $20 or so? They know they won’t sell much so they added the stand alone with a premium price. They’are not stupid and are still the same company who only care about numbers.

IW is not what it was before especially after a bunch of the original MW devs quit sometime after MW 2

I'd bet my house that Remastered would outsell their flagship at $20.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've got some 15 hours in MP, and havent played Launch, Downpour, or a few other maps. All I play is Bog, Crash, and Vacant :( hahaha

I love sniping. And not that BS quickscope crap. So Launch isn't really a preference of mine but I do like Bog and Crash. Bog can get hairy if the other team is a run and gun type team, but otherwise it's OK.

Creek is my all time favorite map though. Sadly it's not in Remastered. Yet.

Zemedici

Established Member
I love sniping. And not that BS quickscope crap. So Launch isn't really a preference of mine but I do like Bog and Crash. Bog can get hairy if the other team is a run and gun type team, but otherwise it's OK.

Creek is my all time favorite map though. Sadly it's not in Remastered. Yet.

You'd absolutely LOVE playing against me then.....(I quickscope lolololol)

Its appalling the amount of people who play gametypes, and have no idea how to play said gametype. Headquarters is the fastest way to level up, and I had 4 guys on my team last night running AWAY from the headquarters constantly. There were 3 games where I had more score than my teammates COMBINED. Uh guys....

BlueSnake01

Established Member
They need all of the original maps plus DLC and then some honestly.

I'd bet my house that Remastered would outsell their flagship at $20.
Poorly worded by me, thats what I meant, they knew the new COD wouldnt sell much so they added the remastered at a premium price with the stand alone new COD game.

assasyn

Established Member
Loving the game but they ruined my favorite sniping bushes on Overgrown. The bushes lay over when you crawl into them now.

Users who are viewing this thread