Official Call Out!

Fastan

Established Member
With a gutted race car.

Everyone keeps saying this but I am pretty certain that Brads (race) car is titled, tagged , insured and occasionally street driven.
Maybe Brad or someone from Mustang Week 2015 can confirm or deny that.

whooshified

Established Member
Curious what car you are talking about. The highest hp EBM I know of is 520whp and is in California.

sadly, you will have to remain curious until the shootout
it's not my place to give details but I know this as fact and have seen it with my own eyes
the fftec car you mention made 520 with a built motor. The car I saw made 550 with a stock motor, now being built to handle more at the shootout

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Everyone keeps saying this but I am pretty certain that Brads (race) car is titled, tagged , insured and occasionally street driven.
Maybe Brad or someone from Mustang Week 2015 can confirm or deny that.

http://www.watsonracing.com/2015-ecoboost-mustang/

Looks like a purpose built drag car to me. I mean you can technically drive anything 'occasionally' on the street. There's a vid on the net where MMR takes their 6 sec ride through the drive through to pick up food! Lol

But for the BG car to be "calling out" full weight bolt on street cars and wanting to put thousands of dollars in grudge money on it is pretty comical!

Anthony K

Established Member
http://www.watsonracing.com/2015-ecoboost-mustang/

Looks like a purpose built drag car to me. I mean you can technically drive anything 'occasionally' on the street. There's a vid on the net where MMR takes their 6 sec ride through the drive through to pick up food! Lol

But for the BG car to be "calling out" full weight bolt on street cars and wanting to put thousands of dollars in grudge money on it is pretty comical!

Yea. Dan Millen did the drive through in a 6sec car about 10 years ago.

Anthony K

Established Member
While it is a legit race car I wouldn't exactly call it gutted. It has carpet, an interior, power windows, factory glass, etc.

Brad better watch out, I may bring out the Fiesta.

First thing Watson did was gut the chassis. All those expensive options where ripped out and thrown in the garbage. Watson’s then removed the heater box, AC, all the sound deadener, airbags, and anything and everything else this car didn’t need to go down the 1320. Once gutted Watson went to work installing

Yea. Sorry sid. Your wrong on this one. It's a gutted race car. I'm really good friends with Kim Mapes at Watson and Patrick.

Gutted race car vs tune and tires.

Pathetic call out actually.

The offer to run the Taurus is more than fair. Because again, it's a full weight daily driven, 4 door, LOADED, street car vs a gutted race car.

Drive both to bowling green, NO trailers. Then run em

Last edited:

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
sadly, you will have to remain curious until the shootout
it's not my place to give details but I know this as fact and have seen it with my own eyes
the fftec car you mention made 520 with a built motor. The car I saw made 550 with a stock motor, now being built to handle more at the shootout

Well considering your username I trust you, I was just unaware someone beat Adam's stock motor record.

And for everyone complaining about the BG Racing car, it's not their fault nobody decided to make their car faster. Last fall we were told to wait and see what Livernois was coming out with. It has been crickets ever since.

REDS197

Established Member
If your not first your LAST! Its a great call out. I think the excuses are pathetic.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yea. Dan Millen did the drive through in a 6sec car about 10 years ago.

I always liked watching those BK runs.

First thing Watson did was gut the chassis. All those expensive options where ripped out and thrown in the garbage. Watson’s then removed the heater box, AC, all the sound deadener, airbags, and anything and everything else this car didn’t need to go down the 1320. Once gutted Watson went to work installing

Yea. Sorry sid. Your wrong on this one. It's a gutted race car. I'm really good friends with Kim Mapes at Watson and Patrick.

Gutted race car vs tune and tires.

Pathetic call out actually.

The offer to run the Taurus is more than fair. Because again, it's a full weight daily driven, 4 door, LOADED, street car vs a gutted race car.

Drive both to bowling green, NO trailers. Then run em

Hence my use of the modifier 'exactly'.:D

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well considering your username I trust you, I was just unaware someone beat Adam's stock motor record.

And for everyone complaining about the BG Racing car, it's not their fault nobody decided to make their car faster. Last fall we were told to wait and see what Livernois was coming out with. It has been crickets ever since.

actually, it hasn't been.

We released a rod and piston kit, balance shaft delete kit, head studs, main studs, oil pump bolts, and a deck bracing system.

We are working on ported heads, and other upgrades as well. I am not certain how any of this is "crickets" It's exactly what we said, that we were going to develop components and upgrade for these.

we just look at the market differently. It's great to build a car that no one else is going to do. it generates buzz. But eventually buzz fades, and people start caring about other things about cars. Reliability, quality, etc. None of which is showcased in a purpose built drag car.

Now, a fast street car that's set up to optimize the stock components? Well, that's what 80% of people want anyways.

It's not an excuse, it's just smart business. if we have made a purpose built race car, we would have lost the ability to continue improving our offerings for those 80% of people.

How about we run this?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Livernois-goes-to-XDRL%92s-Pro-X-Treme-Class

I figured while absurd call outs are being made, I might as well through out another. Maybe we could even run a 2.3 EcoBoost in it. Although, it might still be heavier with how gutted that thing is.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Well considering all of the parts you mentioned were released in February, at the latest, so I would say crickets. I get putting customer cars first, but you guys seemed to drop off the EBM platform and have been GT focused ever since.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well considering all of the parts you mentioned were released in February, at the latest, so I would say crickets. I get putting customer cars first, but you guys seemed to drop off the EBM platform and have been GT focused ever since.

Not sure how I missed this post, but some of those components were not released then. Designed? In process? yes, but we had to go through and get everything ramped up as well.

We aren't like most shops. We cater to GM, Ford, and Chrysler, and spend a ton of time on development for all of them. But when we get to a point that no one has exceeded, we aren't going to keep putting development into a platform that everyone else is playing catchup on anyways.

So, we did what we do best, continued perfecting our tuning, which is what 90+ percent of people want. Do flashy high profile cars make people excited? Absolutely, but does it matter to more than 1% of people that actually own those cars? No. Oddly enough most people that bust our chops for not having a crazy EcoBoost drag car don't even own an EcoBoost.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
You all keep saying gutted race car. Blah. The god damned car isn't more than 200 pounds lighter than my car. Brads car is a pig just like the rest of everyone else's. Including livernois.

Users who are viewing this thread