Official Call Out!

Vinnie Telesco

So Livernois has a video of "World fastest" ecoboost mustang and when somebody calls them out..they now all the sudden dont build fast in house cars..WTF is that

davidhuff

Established Member
Many people don't realize this but we never go crazy with our shop cars. This is simply out of priorities within our organization. We are lucky enough to have an immense amount of work, and therefore we didn't really do much with many or them.

As for the Taurus, why not? Or are you afraid a car that weighs 1500# more would put you on the trailer?
What was the temp the day you guys ran
I guess I understand why you wouldn't want to go up against it either though. ;-)

Oh, and the picture of the above car is the same car that went 11.80. If you look at it the airbox hasn't even been off.

And just think, all that work for only 4 more mph than that daily driver I posted. Just imagine if our car had weighed what yours does, or better yet, how about even the field and get yours to our race weight? :)

What was the temp the day you guys ran 11:80 ET with your stock Ecoboost with just a tune,stock air box and slicks on aftermarket wheels.I got a feeling the temp will not be 30 degrees at Beach Bend Raceway October 1,2015.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So Livernois has a video of "World fastest" ecoboost mustang and when somebody calls them out..they now all the sudden dont build fast in house cars..WTF is that

Correct, if we do a build and happen to set a record, of course we are going to claim the record. But we didn't set out to do it. Like with everything else ecoboost we do we showcase our tuning expertise. Gutting 600+ lbs out of a car and making it a full blown race car with aftermarket parts front to tail doesn't appeal to the vast majority of our customers. Who is going to spend 80k to have an 11 second race car?

We do have further plans with the car, but at the same time we aren't going to let customer's builds go to the wayside just because someone else has something to prove.

What was the temp the day you guys ran 11:80 ET with your stock Ecoboost with just a tune,stock air box and slicks on aftermarket wheels.I got a feeling the temp will not be 30 degrees at Beach Bend Raceway October 1,2015.

I'm not certain, but the date and time is on the slip, so check out the DA calculator and check ;-)

I'm sure it was great air, but that's what racing is about, finding that advantage to get the job done.

Our point is why does it have to be a mustang? It's an ecoboost shootout, not an ecoboost mustang shootout. So if a Taurus puts him on the trailer why does it matter?

At the end of the day even if we lost mustang vs mustang who would care? Does anyone care that coyote stock is a slower than coyote modified? If a coyote stock car lost to a coyote modified car no one would care, but if a coyote stock car drove around a coyote modified, how embarrassing that would be.

StangMan04

Established Member
Correct, if we do a build and happen to set a record, of course we are going to claim the record. But we didn't set out to do it. Like with everything else ecoboost we do we showcase our tuning expertise. Gutting 600+ lbs out of a car and making it a full blown race car with aftermarket parts front to tail doesn't appeal to the vast majority of our customers. Who is going to spend 80k to have an 11 second race car?

We do have further plans with the car, but at the same time we aren't going to let customer's builds go to the wayside just because someone else has something to prove.

I'm not certain, but the date and time is on the slip, so check out the DA calculator and check ;-)

I'm sure it was great air, but that's what racing is about, finding that advantage to get the job done.

Our point is why does it have to be a mustang? It's an ecoboost shootout, not an ecoboost mustang shootout. So if a Taurus puts him on the trailer why does it matter?

At the end of the day even if we lost mustang vs mustang who would care? Does anyone care that coyote stock is a slower than coyote modified? If a coyote stock car lost to a coyote modified car no one would care, but if a coyote stock car drove around a coyote modified, how embarrassing that would be.

Why only post in the mustang section about the shootout if not directed just towards mustangs then? I don't see a post in the Taurus section, unless I missed it. Post it in the Ecoboost Engine section,Fusion,Escape and F150 sections as well.

Nothing to see here, the call out has been rejected. I understand the reasoning due to the differences in the car though.

FYI all the fastest claims by vendors are just used for marketing, especially early on. I don't usually pay it much mind since I won't be pushing my car (when I have one, 2016 GT on order) to those levels, but if they got it, smart to use it. I pay more attention to customer reviews and any problems from vendors personally.

Last edited:

TOFTS

Established Member
Why only post in the mustang section about the shootout if not directed just towards mustangs then? I don't see a post in the Taurus section, unless I missed it. Post it in the Ecoboost Engine section,Fusion,Escape and F150 sections as well.

The post in this section was a "4cyl ecoboost mustang to 4cyl ecoboost mustang" call out.

The EcoBoost Battle in Bowling Green details are here. http://www.nmradigital.com/2015/08/12/livernois-motorsports-and-svtperformance-com-to-sponsor-the-ecoboost-battle-in-bowling-green-at-the-nmra-all-ford-world-finals/

davidhuff

Established Member

Looks to be great weather at 46 degrees!

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
I remember Livernois telling all the EB owners to wait and see what they had coming last fall. I have heard about multiple EBM motors being built in their shop since last December. Apparently those never got finished or put into cars. I guess they gave up on the Ecoboost Mustang game.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I remember Livernois telling all the EB owners to wait and see what they had coming last fall. I have heard about multiple EBM motors being built in their shop since last December. Apparently those never got finished or put into cars. I guess they gave up on the Ecoboost Mustang game.

Nope, we didn't give up, we put customer's builds in front of our own. Having a race car is nice and all, but if you're focusing on your own projects instead of your customer's, then you're doing it wrong.

leach

Silver Fox
Established Member
Why not just race BG ? What do you have to loose ? Call off the 4k bet though ! Back up your record ?

davidhuff

Established Member
Why not just race BG ? What do you have to loose ? Call off the 4k bet though ! Back up your record ?
I agree,just enter the shootout at Bowling Green and show us all that 11:80 ET with just a tune,tires and stock air box.Just have Fun with no BS!

Users who are viewing this thread