* Autumn Ring (Nouvelle Angleterre)
* Grand Valley Speedway (Provence)
* Grand Valley East (Provence)
* Midfield Raceway (Watkins Glen)
* Trial Mountain (Monts Hakkoda)
* Clubman Stage Route 5 (Tokyo)
* Clubman Stage Route 11 (Tokyo)
* Deep Forest (Bavière)

****Don't forget the track editor, that is included as well.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
ill add you now stangposse. I want the wheel that was shown on the first page, its killer and id love to do some high rpm clutch dumps with the f430

stangposse

Established Member
ill add you now stangposse. I want the wheel that was shown on the first page, its killer and id love to do some high rpm clutch dumps with the f430

Cool thanks. YEa that's the G27 on the first page. Not much different than my G25 other than the tach lights on the wheel.

As far as clutch dumps go, they are cool but the shifter in my G25 just isn't sturdy enough and its too easy to miss a shift.....way more than in real life. If they can ever make it more sturdy it'll be great. Also, you can't powershift. If you don't take your foot off the gas the system won't change gears. Its frustrating.

Although in real life I'd rather be driving a true manual around a track, on GT5P I find myself using the paddles 100% of the time now.

bam

Established Member
Put me up for bam10987 and Dr_Tankenstein... not sure on that one yet.

I've been playing Prologue with my old Driving Force... flirting with buying at least a G25 for the shifter/clutch.

Also, just got back from Gamestop where I played the demo that's floating around in various places.. some quick thoughts (I agree with the concensus opinion of most who have played it):
-Driving feel was very good, and crash physics between cars was also very good.
-Damage was underwhelming... only the 458 Italia showed what I assume to be the final damage model... location of the damage was accurate, but extent and nature were pretty iffy. I also didn't like that skirting a wall left no marks on the side of the car, nor did it snap off mirrors (though that's probably a manufacturer stipulation).
-The game looks good, with some notable exceptions vis a vis pixelated textures and shadows.
-Sound is still sub-par. There's better differentiation among engine types, but that weird running noise... the 'hair dryer' noise... that all cars have always shared still dominates the individual sounds of the cars.. I don't know if they need to rebalance the two levels or if this is a harder type of problem to solve. I was just disappointed, especially with the NASCAR car.
All that said, keep in mind that I played a DEMO. Whichever of these gripes are within Polyphony's power to fix have probably been fixed.

Last edited:

Mayo5

Established Member
Put me up for bam10987 and Dr_Tankenstein... not sure on that one yet.

I've been playing Prologue with my old Driving Force... flirting with buying at least a G25 for the shifter/clutch.

Also, just got back from Gamestop where I played the demo that's floating around in various places.. some quick thoughts (I agree with the concensus opinion of most who have played it):
-Driving feel was very good, and crash physics between cars was also very good.
-Damage was underwhelming... only the 458 Italia showed what I assume to be the final damage model... location of the damage was accurate, but extent and nature were pretty iffy. I also didn't like that skirting a wall left no marks on the side of the car, nor did it snap off mirrors (though that's probably a manufacturer stipulation).
-The game looks good, with some notable exceptions vis a vis pixelated textures and shadows.
-Sound is still sub-par. There's better differentiation among engine types, but that weird running noise... the 'hair dryer' noise... that all cars have always shared still dominates the individual sounds of the cars.. I don't know if they need to rebalance the two levels or if this is a harder type of problem to solve. I was just disappointed, especially with the NASCAR car.
All that said, keep in mind that I played a DEMO. Whichever of these gripes are within Polyphony's power to fix have probably been fixed.

I think those are very accurate, and I hope they just have the damage tuned down to a different level. Kind of like arcade/sim/hardcore levels for different areas of damage and deterioration.

I still don't know what the problem with the sound is. This has always been the biggest complainant with the game, but I guess it would take alot of time to record and program each cars signature notes. I can't even imagine how long that would take, and the amount of space it would take up as well.

I'm guess they spent the time on the "premium" cars for getting everything right, including the sound.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
After seeing the demo, STILL the sound is crap and no tire marks when you spin out or anything? Give me a break.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
demo isn't the final build. tire marks have already been confirmed. also, a couple of days ago, i read that they're improving the engine sounds.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So do we know yet if this game is going to have the invisible walls, to prevent people from going too far off the track?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
So do we know what cars are in it? Does it have car damage on it?

Only a small portion of the cars are 'fully rendered' which means better Exterior detail, INTERIORS, and damage.

So yeah, most of the cars you can't even see inside. :kaboom:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
for realism..nothing will beat NR2003 or iRacing on the PC ..but it is nice to now have a console solution.

my old setup for when I was an online sim racer

l_7a498900bb9d4e66af641778a1285535.jpg

Which BTW..was a $500 steering wheel..and that wasn't even an expensive one. It was pretty cool racing Dennny Hamlin, Earnhardt Jr, Truex and the keselowski brothers on a regular basis.

with that said...I'm stoked to get my hands on GT5 to have some fun with friends!

Users who are viewing this thread