Official Gran Turismo 6 Thread

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
*This thread is for those who plan to play Gran Turismo 6. It's not to say how Xbox and Forza is better and vice versa. Post your pictures, screen names and let's get a few races in:beer:

GT Forum: GTPlanet – Covering the World of Gran Turismo
GT6 Forum: Gran Turismo 6 - GTPlanet
GT6 Car list: GT6 Master Car List [NOT A WISHLIST] - GTPlanet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVTP GT6 Leaderboard (Thanks ford_racer:beer:)
Stock cars:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LVU9GTVpHZ25fRWhBckh5TDdlOHc&usp=docslist_api
Tuned cars:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...PWEhDUm5KRFFRSnhqT29SQ3hDSVE&usp=docslist_api

*If you want to be allowed to edit the leaderboard, post your Google name or PM it to ford_racer and he will add you to the list.

SVTP Name - PSN Name

black92 - limited02
devin1986 - mn944com
svtfocus2cobra - SLTHR03
CamoFrontier - Murderous_Neal
Mainn - TheAlxC
Native - el_Trickster1
1hot281 - wheelman916
ArmedSuspect - ArmedSuspect
1loudmouthpony - loudmouthpony
Jroc - JTN734
Tunedprt91 - C5Z06-405hp
dsg04MACHone - myMachWon
Blown_By_You - blwnbyu
Socal_Mach - socalmach1
Mystichrome#365 - Jstevens09
03Cobrajc - Jcmule
Rosoo - rosooftw
pass1over - The-Crippler308
ford_racer - ford_racer88
rwboring - rwboring
MGC - mineralgrey
ZincYellowGT281 - zincyellowgt281
Condor21 - VoodooCondor24
sunburned - sunburned101
xblitzriegx - xBlitzriegx
Rct851 - Rct851

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I just canceled my pre order along with the million bonus credits :(
Im curious to see how much they improved over GT5 overall.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I just canceled my pre order along with the million bonus credits :(
Im curious to see how much they improved over GT5 overall.

Premiums are supposed to be more detailed than GT5 premiums and the Standards are supposed to be visually close to the premiums without the interior.

Standard comparison between GT5 and GT6: GT6 Standard Cars Comparison Photos Thread - GTPlanet

No ps4 ftl :(

yea i wish they had this out for PS4, i settled for NFS Rivals. Haven't played it yet

If this was out on the PS4, then I would have made the jump. My PS3 has been a champ and it's not ready to retire yet.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I cant justify buying a new game for PS3 when PS4 is out already and should be on that console but isnt. Also, im just tired of grinding races that are extremely repetitive just to make it somewhere (Yes i know its a simulator) but still.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I cant justify buying a new game for PS3 when PS4 is out already and should be on that console but isnt. Also, im just tired of grinding races that are extremely repetitive just to make it somewhere (Yes i know its a simulator) but still.

For me, there is no game out on PS4 worth making the jump. The reason I got a PS3 is because of GT5 (even though it came out 4 years later...). I still play GT5 regularly and have owned it since launch day. If GT6 is any better, then I'll be good until GT7 comes out.

AAG

Established Member
Same garbage engine/exhaust notes. No thanks, Im not forking over $60 again.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Some quick pictures I found of GT6:

11189712766_8cc37f16ed_b.jpg

11150863856_2b9f5bcb73_b.jpg

11205871056_3987b2f33a_b.jpg

Jroc

Established Member
On this new game are all the old cars that have been on the game since GT4 going to be the same "Standard Graphics" like they were when they were carried over to GT5? Examples being 03 L, 00 Cobra R, 00 Camaro SS, etc, etc.

I just pre-ordered it BTW. GT6 will be great if they take a page from Forza, and allow you to customize the appearance of the vehicle the way Forza does and use real wheels and body kits offered by aftermarket manufactures, and allows you to widen the wheels/tires, and change their diameter, etc.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
On this new game are all the old cars that have been on the game since GT4 going to be the same "Standard Graphics" like they were when they were carried over to GT5? Examples being 03 L, 00 Cobra R, 00 Camaro SS, etc, etc.

I just pre-ordered it BTW. GT6 will be great if they take a page from Forza, and allow you to customize the appearance of the vehicle the way Forza does and use real wheels and body kits offered by aftermarket manufactures, and allows you to widen the wheels/tires, and change their diameter, etc.

I mentioned above that it appears standards will have a near premium look without a visible interior. As much as I would like them to do what Forza does with appearance mods, I don't think it's happening.

I am really hoping there is a good 1/4 mile track added to this game.

There is the DLC "Speed Test Track" that measures, g-force, 0-60, 1/4, 1600m, top speed, etc.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Premiums are supposed to be more detailed than GT5 premiums and the Standards are supposed to be visually close to the premiums without the interior.

Standard comparison between GT5 and GT6: GT6 Standard Cars Comparison Photos Thread - GTPlanet

If this was out on the PS4, then I would have made the jump. My PS3 has been a champ and it's not ready to retire yet.
Thats actually pretty awesome! At least I wont feel too bad driving a standard car. I will reserve my final judgement when I play it though. But still, I wonder how the rest of the game will play out. I didnt think GT5 was a huge leap over GT4.

I hope they at least bring some features that were in the original GT. Finding out what your rivals HP was and seeing the weight was pretty aweomse.

There is the DLC "Speed Test Track" that measures, g-force, 0-60, 1/4, 1600m, top speed, etc.
That sounds very interesting and would love to see how it plays off. Best way to check if handling was really improved when moving the settings.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thats actually pretty awesome! At least I wont feel too bad driving a standard car. I will reserve my final judgement when I play it though. But still, I wonder how the rest of the game will play out. I didnt think GT5 was a huge leap over GT4.

I hope they at least bring some features that were in the original GT. Finding out what your rivals HP was and seeing the weight was pretty aweomse.

That sounds very interesting and would love to see how it plays off. Best way to check if handling was really improved when moving the settings.

They actually did an update about a year ago that made standards look a lot better in GT5. They weren't great, but they were much improved in my opinion. I used the Speed Test Track to set my cars up for drag racing and it paid off a lot. I'm hoping that track is standard in GT6, otherwise I will have to download it again...:bash:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
They actually did an update about a year ago that made standards look a lot better in GT5. They weren't great, but they were much improved in my opinion. I used the Speed Test Track to set my cars up for drag racing and it paid off a lot. I'm hoping that track is standard in GT6, otherwise I will have to download it again...:bash:
Yea I remember the udate but I was still not sold on it. I believe I still have teh game somewhere but stopped playing it, other games got my interest. Never got around the speed track DLC either, didnt know they had one :shrug:

I hope they add the whine on the Shelby. That's one of the cars that really got my attention. Tomorrow im picking the game up since I bought it for my brother thru game stop so I might give it a go before he gets it :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread