Official Mach 1 - Video

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I think the shaker would look out of place. Like a cheap aftermarket piece.

Not if it's done right... Dodge did a good job with their modern shaker on the challengers. The challengers look similar to mustangs to begin with. I think something like this would of looked great.

2018-dodge-challenger-392-hemi-scat-pack-shaker-rt-003-rich-franco.jpg

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Ford, WHEN are you going to learn. You are creating these cars for the wrong type of tracks. You need to be more like Dodge and create street/strip models. Forget the ring, or any other road course. These highend models sit in museums and garages and almost never come out, let alone head to a real road course.

Stop trying to be like chevy with all the track models that dont sell and just sit on dealer lots. Be more like dodge, but make the lighter drag car we all want. Why is this so hard to understand?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
These highend models sit in museums and garages and almost never come out, let alone head to a real road course.

Hmm....I had the opportunity to track one of Ford's high end museum models along with another 20 or so that did the same.

4TR_4592a%20%282%29-2-X2.jpg

We also ran them at one of the most hardcore dragstrips in the country as well.

4TR_4498a-2x-X3.jpg

There will be plenty of Mach owners that will do the same at tracks across the United States, some of which have turns, and they will have an absolute blast pushing them to the limits.

kaz109

Established Member
if it had a blower I could see a spread of mid 50s-upper 60s pending on how it’s equipped. The gt500 is what top 60s-100k right?

Don't see this logic for a couple of reasons , first the starting price would have to be higher than mid 50s on the fact that a mustang pp can hit high 40s ....then factor in where the mach 1 is in the mustang chain.

I don't know so this is a honest question, is it above or below a GT350r, is it above below a bullit? Then take into consideration you can't just slap a SC on without some R&D so that will drive the price up as well.

It just doesn't make sense to put another SC car in the line up because if there did you would complain about the price. There is a price you think it should be sold for then there is the actual price it would be listed for.

Ford has already given ppl the bad ass drag strip killer mustang

kaz109

Established Member
Ford, WHEN are you going to learn. You are creating these cars for the wrong type of tracks. You need to be more like Dodge and create street/strip models. Forget the ring, or any other road course. These highend models sit in museums and garages and almost never come out, let alone head to a real road course.

Stop trying to be like chevy with all the track models that dont sell and just sit on dealer lots. Be more like dodge, but make the lighter drag car we all want. Why is this so hard to understand?

Completely disagree

Ford already gave you a drag mustang , haven't you seen the hp and the times they are running in the new gt500?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

You think GT350 and GT500s are sitting in museums, let alone the Mach 1 will also? Sorry, but that is completely absurd. Aside from that, the Mustang consistently outsells the Challenger so why take the strategy of a lesser performing model? Dodge is the only one pursuing cars for the drag strip and the only reason they do is because the platform it is on is heavy and not ideal for track use. It is a big comfy cruiser with a ton of horsepower and that is just what suits it. If Ford took the Mustang and threw away all of its handling capabilities for strip use instead it would get laughed and ridiculed out of existence. Why even develop the chassis if you aren't going to exploit its capabilities? Makes no sense.

guzie

Established Member
Don't see this logic for a couple of reasons , first the starting price would have to be higher than mid 50s on the fact that a mustang pp can hit high 40s ....then factor in where the mach 1 is in the mustang chain.

I don't know so this is a honest question, is it above or below a GT350r, is it above below a bullit? Then take into consideration you can't just slap a SC on without some R&D so that will drive the price up as well.

It just doesn't make sense to put another SC car in the line up because if there did you would complain about the price. There is a price you think it should be sold for then there is the actual price it would be listed for.

It’s below a GT350 or GT350R in performance. Less power. Above a normal GT though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My94GT

Established Member

the Mach in my opinion is below the gt350r. That said they should be two different approaches though. Gy350 and 350r for people who want that road course inspired vehicle and the Mach 1 with a bump in power from a small blower for those who want a fun well rounded street car.

I know it’s a roush but their set up has a blower and I’ve seen them sold on the floor along side gt350 and gt500 at local dealers. Different buyers flock to each car. I imagine there would be very little R&D involved as it’s likely already done.

These are just my opinions

snakecharmer

Established Member
I don't care for the wheels with the track package, I'd personally go with the blue car but then put the track-pack wing on it afterward.

As to the HP, it won't surprise me if Ford later comes back and says "oh and we've revised the tuning and it is now making xxx". Car makers do that all the time.

kaz109

Established Member
the Mach in my opinion is below the gt350r. That said they should be two different approaches though. Gy350 and 350r for people who want that road course inspired vehicle and the Mach 1 with a bump in power from a small blower for those who want a fun well rounded street car.

I know it’s a roush but their set up has a blower and I’ve seen them sold on the floor along side gt350 and gt500 at local dealers. Different buyers flock to each car. I imagine there would be very little R&D involved as it’s likely already done.

These are just my opinions

So by your own words it is lower than a GT350 so it would have to be priced under 55k so u are saying you think Ford should make a 600hp SC mustang for under 55k.....

It would make more sense to have this mach 1 come in at 500hp NA that way it is above the Bullitt but under the GT350.

My94GT

Established Member
So by your own words it is lower than a GT350 so it would have to be priced under 55k so u are saying you think Ford should make a 600hp SC mustang for under 55k.....

It would make more sense to have this mach 1 come in at 500hp NA that way it is above the Bullitt but under the GT350.

I said a gt350r, are those msrp 55k?

kaz109

Established Member
I said a gt350r, are those msrp 55k?
No but now your getting into semantics, GT350 and GT350r is the same category just different trim levels. So by your logic something can be higher than the GT500 but lower than the GT500 CFTP? See you just doesn't make sense doing it like that from a business perspective.

So either it's above the gt350r or below it. What you are suggesting Ford to do is shoot themselves in the foot. It's common knowledge that if they offered that it would cut into their GT500 sales tremendously because people would just buy the cheaper Mach in modded to GT500 power levels since all people like you would care about is straight line.

Ford did the same thing that most companies do when offering trim level packages on cars/trucks. You have to buy the whole package in order to get the one option that you actually want.

My94GT

Established Member
No but now your getting into semantics, GT350 and GT350r is the same category just different trim levels. So by your logic something can be higher than the GT500 but lower than the GT500 CFTP? See you just doesn't make sense doing it like that from a business perspective.

So either it's above the gt350r or below it. What you are suggesting Ford to do is shoot themselves in the foot. It's common knowledge that if they offered that it would cut into their GT500 sales tremendously because people would just buy the cheaper Mach in modded to GT500 power levels since all people like you would care about is straight line.

Ford did the same thing that most companies do when offering trim level packages on cars/trucks. You have to buy the whole package in order to get the one option that you actually want.

except dodge does exactly what I’m pointing out to the challenger. You can get a hell car or for more get the red eye and both seem to sell for them.

I also gave a price range for where the Mach 1 could fit. Hey maybe they don’t slap a blower on it, maybe more NA power but again that makes it even more like a gt350 so that’s senseless. Meanwhile if they did put a smaller blower you would likely find different buyers are drawn to this car the gt350.

As far as the impact to gt500 sales, I doubt it. Many people who buy the gt500 do so because they want the top dog offering even if they too plan to mod it. By your logic that they would instead buy the Mach 1 to mod, why aren’t we seeing more GTs or GT350s bought to mod for less then a modestly equipped gt500.

Users who are viewing this thread