*-*-*-* OFFICIAL: Site Problems & Status Thread *-*-*-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
On 11/02/2010 the slave DB server was unexpectedly power cycled. When it restarted, the secondary drive controller was dead. Attempts to fix it have been futile.

I put the slave DB on the primary controller/drives, but with limited space the slave would only remain running for a short while until it ran out of space.

So for now we're running off of one DB server, which slows things down and leads to error pages.

Also, the CloudFlare error pages you guys have been posting have nothing to do with errors on CloudFlare. Those pages take the place of the standard DB error pages that vBulletin forum visitors are accustomed to.

I'll try to maintain a status message at the top of the forum in the nav bar until everything is resolved.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Thanks for letting us know. :beer: Hope everything is up and running soon.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
good to know the issues are being addressed

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I sure was curious why to forums slowed to a crawl, and I was getting the error pages. Glad to know you are on top of things.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Also, the CloudFlare error pages you guys have been posting have nothing to do with errors on CloudFlare. Those pages take the place of the standard DB error pages that vBulletin forum visitors are accustomed to.

Thanks, now can you please ban Planter for his sig/avatar.........

S.C.

Established Member
Glad to see you are trying to fix the problem , but for me seems like it started long before 11-02-10 . I dont know much about these computers :dw: but why should these cookies keep us from accessing the site. Stupid question prob. for those who know alot about running these sites. Just glad to be able to get on the site . How about a email address to Admin letting you guys know about any further incidents in the future if we are not able to get online. Thanks again SVTP ADMIN for letting us know.

Last edited:

99cobra302

Established Member
Glad to see you are trying to fix the problem , but for me seems like it started long before 11-02-10 . I dont know much about these computers :dw: but why should these cookies keep us from accessing the site. Stupid question prob. for those who know alot about running these sites. Just glad to be able to get on the site . How about a email address to Admin letting you guys know about any further incidents in the future if we are not able to get online. Thanks again SVTP ADMIN for letting us know.

i dont think an email address of the admin is necessary. if we have issues they do to, and he woulnt want 100,000+emails informing him of each time the site has issues. they also have a tool that monitors server status so im sure he is aware of an issue before we are.

i am more appreciative from a fellow IT professional's point of view that issues are being communicated instead of keeping us wondering what is going on.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey this is from my phone. My home computer is still not working forsome reason. But it works on my phone and at work.any ideas?? Is it fully fixed?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ yes i did. It was really wierd actually I disconnected my new router and used my older one and bam it works now.. Kinda wierd. But before that I cleared literally everything. It works now but it still takes a bit to load pages.. but hell atleast it works and I can get my fix. I'm literally addicted to this site. I might need to see someone about it.. It's bad lol. no joke

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Really slow for me as well or it drops out entirely.

How long have you guys been hosting the site at Cloudflare.com?

Are you on a Dedicated Server and IP?

I did an IP Whois and it says this IP is being used by 3093 other sites???

Last edited:

32V SVT

Established Member
Hi, Just wanted to post that performance is starting to really slow... From reading the earlier posts, I see your doing everything you can... Just wanted to give a heads up...

Thanks!

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Every time I try to search, it acts like it's loading then goes to a blank page. When I go to refresh, it hits me with the timeout. Once i wait out the timeout it does it again. I'd like to be able to search instead of post whoring and making a thread just to find out the answer to a simple question. Anybody else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread