Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That Tribute cobra came out badass Glenn, I took my Mystichrome Cobra out the box this morning to admire it some since I had some free time. Still amazed how perfect/clean it came out, thanks again.

Thank you Bryan!

Those pictures are great! I really like the second pic where you can see some green in the front fender. Thank you for posting those :D............

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn how about a MG coupe for me? Anyway to replicate CCW classics

Hello Jason! Yes sir. I have MG in my paint arsenal and I have a set of CCW classic replicas on hand too boot. I built a MG Vert last year and put CCW classic replicas on it. I'll look for the picture and post them up for you.

If your interested shoot me a PM and I'll provide you the details and pricing.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn how about a MG coupe for me? Anyway to replicate CCW classics

OKay Jason, found the pictures. First 2 are mine. 3rd is from the owner once he received the car. His post numbers are #339 and #340 in this thread on the computer. Not sure what the post numbers are in the App.

MG 01.JPG

MG 02.JPG

MG 03.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Everyone,

Been knee deep in projects LOL. I'm working on 2 Cobra's right (Vert for SVTP member, coupe for me). However, I have expanded my horizons. Someone asked me to try a Lightning. So, I'm working on that project slowly. Also, I have always liked Hotwheels and I seen a couple videos of guys modifying them. So, I'm trying my hand at that as well.

Here is the Vert I'm working on:

Base Coat MC
MC 01.JPG

MC 02.JPG

MC 03.JPG

MC 04.JPG

Clear Coat......
MC 06.JPG

MC 09.JPG

MC 10.JPG

MC 11.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay All,

Here are the pictures of the hotwheels I made. They still need to be clear coated. I took them apart and stripped the original paint. I then painted them black and added the silver with color fade. I then added the checker graphic and then did the detail painting. I also changed the wheels on both cars (I like the wheels on the red one better. Got a lot of them coming in from Malaysia).

For those who know me this paint scheme should look familiar :D...........

Checkered 01.JPG

Checkered 02.JPG

Checkered 03.JPG

Checkered 05.JPG

Checkered 06.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I cannot believe what Hot Wheels is trying to sell.

They have a car out labeled "03 Ford Mustang Cobra." Even the blister pack has a picture of the Terminator on it. However, the car in the package looks NOTHING like an 03 Cobra. As a matter of fact, it looks more like the race car version of the Mustang that was produced back in 1998.

So, if you collect diecast be warned that the car labeled an 03 Cobra is NOT a Terminator..............

Hot Wheels Cobra 02.JPG

Hot Wheels Cobra 01.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay all,

Here we go again LOL.

I found a guy listing a MC on eBay.

https://ebay.us/UQ7JbK

Overall it is NOT bad. His paint job looks decent and he is NOT asking an astronomical amount (Started his bidding at $21). However, the car is missing the Cobra Fender emblems. I cannot see the rear very well, but I'm assuming if the fender emblems are missing then so are the SVT and Ford emblems. The chin spoiler and the rear valance are not painted flat black AND the interior is not painted.

This is his description:

UP FOR AUCTION is a super rare 1:18 scale 2004 Ford Mystichrome SVT Cobra Mustang diecast model, This model was carefully disassembled down to the shell and repainted in the real Ford Mystichrome paint from Ford and then carefully reassembled back together, this paint is very rare and expensive to purchase through Ford and can only be ordered directly through Ford with an authentic vin number from a real Ford Mystichrome SVT Cobra Mustang, This Model is only 1 of 2 ever made by me and comes in the original Maisto box that the model was purchased new in, the plastic shipping straps were removed to protect the paint and the original box does have a small crack in the plastic window on top and shows some minor shelf wear from age....PLEASE LOOK AT PHOTO'S

Well, we know that highlighted statement is false LMAO!!! I get it, it's a sales tactic, but I just don't like when people say things in the car world and don't really know what the hell they are talking about. Hopefully, someone will be happy with their purchase. However, I'm finishing up a MC coupe right now and will be listing it on eBay in a few weeks. Whoever buys this one might be disappointed once they see mine. Or maybe not once they see my asking price LOL. The one thing he did get right is how expensive MC paint is.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

Instead of showing the same type of pictures over and over again I wanted to do something a little different.

I got the MC Vert in clear coat as you know. So, I wanted to show my polishing process.

This is before I started. If you look at the reflection of the light off the trunk it looks a little wavy. That's the orange peel.
MC 12.JPG

This is after knocking the orange peel out of the trunk using the wet sanding process with 2000 and 3000 grit.
MC 13.JPG

This is after stage 1 polishing. Still has sanding marks.
MC 14.JPG

This after stage 2 polishing. You can see it still looks a little hazy.
MC 15.JPG

This is after stage 3 (final polish). You can see it looks crystal clear and the reflection of the light looks like a mirror finish.
MC 16.JPG

Here is the hood after the final polish. Again the reflection of the light looks like a mirror finish.
MC 17.JPG

Just in case anyone is wondering what I use. I use the 3M three step polishing process.
MC 18.JPG

I also got the interior painted.
MC 19.JPG

MC 20.JPG

007jerry

Established Member
Received my box in the mail today, and immediately opened it up! Guys I was super impressed!!! I really don't have the words....... it really is perfect and way beyond my expectations!!! I am now on the lookout for a coupe :) so I can have 2 of these on my shelf!!! I may do a Competition Orange next time??!! Guys, these pics on here really don't do these cars justice!!!
A big THANK YOU to Glenn for a quick turn around, super easy to deal with, and of course a product that is nothing short of perfection!!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Received my box in the mail today, and immediately opened it up! Guys I was super impressed!!! I really don't have the words....... it really is perfect and way beyond my expectations!!! I am now on the lookout for a coupe :) so I can have 2 of these on my shelf!!! I may do a Competition Orange next time??!! Guys, these pics on here really don't do these cars justice!!!
A big THANK YOU to Glenn for a quick turn around, super easy to deal with, and of course a product that is nothing short of perfection!!!!
Wow! Thank you for such an amazing review Jerry! I am very pleased you're happy with the results.

You're way too kind sir. Thank you again and I will gladly work with you again on another Cobra project if you would like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread