Oh god, please let this happen soon.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5141392"]Sources: Oakland Raiders getting set to release JaMarcus Russell - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5142282@@AMEPARAM@@5142282[/ame]

Russell will have been paid $39 million since going to the team as a first-round pick in 2007.

Russell, who will turn 25 in August, has won only seven of his 25 starts as the Raiders extended an NFL-worst streak to seven straight seasons with at least 11 losses in 2009. He has completed just 52.1 percent of his passes in his career with 18 touchdowns, 23 interceptions, 15 lost fumbles and a passer rating of 65.2.

That means Russell has been paid more than $5 million per win, more than $2 million per touchdown pass and more than $100,000 per completion.

:nonono:

I think we can officially put him above Ryan Leaf on the list of worst draft busts of all time.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
Man he blows....i must say that Andre Ware from the lions was a worse bust. He went from heisman, to first round, to 3rd string :shrug:.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
His only saving grace is he is only 24 years old, and maybe another team can take him on as a project and he can learn. Or he gets cut, spends the next 10 years in a cocaine haze and dies in a hotel room.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
so when are the raiders going to release al davis?

If he would take a step back, hire a good team president and let them run the team, the raiders would come back. Until then, Raiders fans will have to be happy with the hope of one good year in ten.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
That's why the NFL should put a CAP on rookies. Make them have a 2 year contract for a minimal amount. No one should get paid huge contracts before playing a down. That and if you throw a hissy and holdout you should have to pay the club if you end up sucking huge amounts of Dong like this douche waffle.

Vick- Hell at least Vick played and has talent.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
He'll be picked up by someone. He has a cannon of an arm. He would be a great pickup for the Steelers.

Users who are viewing this thread