Oh I want one so bad!!!!!!!

Ginsu

Established Member
The 2004 Yamaha R1 was unveiled today and man do I want it!!!! But right now I could not afford to put one next to my '03 R6 :??: :( :??: :( :??: :(

Anyway, here is a link so those who are bikers can understand what I am talking about.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
:eek: Whoa...I'm not into bikes all that much but there are a few I definitely admire. One is the Ducatti 996. The other is the Yamaha R1. :burnout:

Ginsu

Established Member
SNK BITN, I love my '03 R6 I can do no wrong on this bike! It is so much fun in the hills, just about the all around best bike in its class. In fact the "04 R6 has minimal changes but to tighten up some of the short comings that it has experienced. But then again in the AMA Super Sport class the Yami is 1-2 with alot of good riders in there!

95oRANGEcRUSH, well it should be interesting in the 2004 Super Bike season! Yamaha did not field a factory bike this year so they could focus on the Super Sport class. Now with the new bike with good riders (i.e. get Jamie Hacking and Damon Buckmaster to compete in this class as well) they will give Suzuki a serious head acke! Just like a car, a lighter bike will go faster and handle better. The Yamaha has always had pretty nibble, light bikes that are well suspended that make reasonable power. The Zukes have made mad power and handle ok but are not comfortable to ride and not very reliable.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
That is one bad a$$ bike I have allways owned Yamahas. My last one was an 01 R1. I love the way they ran the Exhaust up under the seat makes the bike look much cleaner.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
I am kinda thinking of buying an R6 (R1 is just too much power for me) but I want to practice and become more expierenced before I do so.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
omfg
One day I'm going to get a bike. oh yes, one day

Hey thanks for the link.
Thank god there wasn't a supercharged GP1300R (waverunner)because I'd have to get that mofo. :lol:
I really don't feel like dropping 10,000 on a jetski right now. :eek:

Last edited:

Ginsu

Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
is your R6 fuel injected or are the new 04's supposed to be?

sweet bike. The r6 is my fav all around.

Yes it is, 2003 was the first year for the R6 where I think '02 was for the R1. Crack the left grip hard and not only do I have to think of the front wheel coming up but the effects of my vision as my eyeballs flatten! Oh baby adding the displacement of the R1!!!!

FearblueR1

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraHopeful
It doesn't. Gixxers own.

Yeah took awhile before they "owned" anything. Yamaha put a foot in everyone's ass with the original R1. Then Suzuki caught up for a couple of years.

Looks like Yamaha will be doing it all over again. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread