Oh man... It's sad, but true....

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
I've lost all my enthusiasm towards the Lightning which was my first dream vehicle that I went crazy for, lol. Guess what I have the hots for now? Gulp... The Chevy Camaro. Flame suit engaged...lol. :burn: I already bought one, but a V6. I'm very happy with it, and I think stock for stock it has equal 0-60 times as a Lightning even though it's "only a V6" and has a slightly higher top end speed (The non RS model is speed limited to 118mph due to not having Z rated tires and my RS is 155mph).

The Camaro is my first non Ford product and also my first car (I had eight Ford pickups in a row!) I wasn't even sure I'd be happy with a car since I used to be so anti-car. But now that I've been driving the Camaro, I can't even stand the thought of driving the Lightning anymore. In fact, I wasn't going to drive the Camaro to work on rainy days and take the Lightning, but I enjoy driving the Camaro so much more that I wound up taking it in the rain and crappy weather anyway because I flat out didn't want to drive the L anymore!

Since I've had the Camaro, I've only driven the Lightning once a couple miles down the road just to keep the battery charged and run it a little and man I just didn't have that feeling for it anymore and didn't enjoy driving it at all. :shrug: So now that I know that I'm happy with the Camaro platform I'm thinking about stepping up to the SS. And to make up for the depreciation of my current Camaro I'm willing to let the Lightning go for trade in value. Yea I know it's stupid, but I honestly flat out don't care about the Lightning anymore.

Can't really blame me - I'm on my second Gen II and have driven a Lightning for eight years straight now and my vehicle before my two L's was the same gen F150 but a STX. So that's 11 years in a row of driving basically the same platform. I really needed to switch it up and just like the Lightning, the new Camaro was a love at first sight affair, lol. The only saving grace that might make me keep the Lightning is it's usability. I have a Seadoo personal watercraft that I need a tow vehicle to put it in and out of the water and also keep the Lightning for truck uses (hauling junk to the dump, picking up large items like TV's, home appliances, building materials for home remodeling, etc.etc.) If I where to trade it in, I would HAVE to at least get some junky beater truck. But would I be miserable towing my watercraft around in some old dirty rusty crappy beater? I hate stepping down, lol, but I really fell in love with the Camaro and now I'm wanting so-called "real camaro" (V8/SS). Yea, that's another thing. The online communities are so different. With the Lightning community everyone seems to get along all nice and peachy and it's like a brotherhood, but with the Camaro having so many different options and packages as far as V6 or V8, manual or auto, RS, non-RS... etc.etc... there's so much animosity between owners. It's mainly the V6 vs the V8 crowd, but you also still have the auto vs the manual crowd within the V8 crowd. The Camaro online community although very alive and entertaining at times, is a real let down as far as everyone respecting everyone else like the Lightning community, hehe. Although out in the real world whenever I come out of the store, nine times out of ten I'll have another Camaro parked next to me out in the back away from all the door dingers.

The L is paid for, and I have real truck uses for it. Just don't have that passion for it anymore and don't enjoy driving it anymore either.

The Camaro is my new love and I'm wanting the top model real bad (other than the ZL1, lol).

The V6 Camaro isn't too bad, looking at the specs, it's just as quick as a stock Lightning and I suppose you can say that's very commendable for a naturally aspirated V6. Actually, my co-workers 5.7 Hemi first gen Chrysler 300 couldn't out run it, lol.

What to do... What to do...

Any non L owners that want one I'll take your trade in of another lesser truck plus cash, hehe. I have the second lowest build number of the 04's on the list online (build 39) with build certificate and I also have the factory window sticker.

I can't believe I'm nuts over a car, and a Chevy at that. I've always hated Chevy! lol.. :bash:

How does my red supercharged Lightning look together with my red supercharged Seadoo?

Img_1846.jpg

It would kinda suck going out with my Seadoo with some crappy hagged out dirty beater, but the only way for me to comfortably afford the SS Camaro is to let the Lightning go in on trade. What to do... :??:

Here's a pic of my Camaro btw... I'm almost afraid at the responses I'm going to get to this thread, lol...

20120513_201036.jpg

Hard to deny that isn't one of the best looking cars out there! :rockon: Solid back with the RS appearance package is..... :rockon: ::coolman: :rockon:

Should I just relax and think it over a little more (I was wanting to get the SS tomorrow) and be happy that I have a nice Lightning for towing and truck uses and a hot looking car that gets me 28mpg commuting back and forth to work 45 min one way and still has 300+HP and can hang with a stock Lightning? :thumbsup: If I didn't have the Seadoo this would be such an easy decision, but that is actually one of my main hobbies. That little watercraft is 215hp and is so much fun that I would get rid of both my vehicles before I got rid of the Seadoo. Hell, I went through $1800 in gas in it last summer, hehe. Fun.. fun.. fun... :D

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
You did...what...

Short story:

Lost all interest in the Lightning after buying a V6 Camaro and now I'm willing to loose my ass on the Lightning at trade in value to get me into the SS V8 Camaro but needing a truck for truck uses has me at a stalemate, lol. :)

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
If you wanted a change... Why didn't you get a new Mustang!! Even the V6 coupe will spank the Camaro. A ford guy wouldn't do what you did...

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
If you wanted a change... Why didn't you get a new Mustang!! Even the V6 coupe will spank the Camaro. A ford guy wouldn't do what you did...

Well, I don't like the look of Mustangs, heh. To me they just look too plain, dated, and ordinary. Yea it's true, I'm highly biased by looks. If I don't like the looks of something, then the rest doesn't matter at that point. I was driving my bosses 500+HP supercharged and modded GT the day I took home my Camaro and although the power was fun, it was also very uncomfortable to drive. The new Camaro is so much more comfortable! And well, I like the looks of it so much better. My second choice would actually of been a Challenger. I wouldn't consider buying a Mustang at all at any deal, power rating, ect... :uh oh: Yea I'm a Ford guy, but actually a Ford "truck" guy, heh.

Last edited:

michschi

Established Member
lol of not liking the look of Mustangs, and you LIKE the look of the Camaro. Something wrong with you bud. I could forgive you buying looks if you when Challenger, since at least its a good looking car, but the Camaro is dog azz ugly.

P.S. ergonomics blow in the Camaro and kudos to GM for putting all those gauges at the bottom of the center stack! Lamesauce.

Last edited:

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
lol of not liking the look of Mustangs, and you LIKE the look of the Camaro. Something wrong with you bud. I could forgive you buying looks if you when Challenger, since at least its a good looking car, but the Camaro is dog azz ugly.

P.S. ergonomics blow in the Camaro and kudos to GM for putting all those gauges at the bottom of the center stack! Lamesauce.

Well, looks and likes is truly a subjective thing and God himself couldn't have talked me into getting a Mustang over a Camaro, heh. Yea, Challengers are real sharp lookers, I absolutely love them in solid white! :rockon: :beer: But really, this is more about me losing the love for the Lightning in which I was probably one of it's biggest fans...

Last edited:

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
Clearly you have no love for the truck anymore. It happens... sell it to someone that will love it as much as you used to and go get a cheap truck like a toyota or something since they are just as gay as the camaro.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Clearly you have no love for the truck anymore. It happens... sell it to someone that will love it as much as you used to and go get a cheap truck like a toyota or something since they are just as gay as the camaro.

Coming from a Canadian, that was well said.

x3

4a7191a

Established Member
i think this guy my have brain damage or something.

IMO id keep it, its paid for and drive it every so often.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Do what I do when I get tired of DD'ing my Lightning, don't drive it for a week! Then you'll come crawling back and begging forgiveness haha.

By the way, you and I have similar setups! I too have a Lightning that tows my RXP, and a chevy car that gets 28 mpg highway!

Thechosenlife

Established Member
wow you know you f-ed up when a canadian agrees :) ;-) and your on crack about the new stangs....have you seen her ass? tight with curves in all the right places! :)

SuperSport01

Established Member
Im a chevy fan 100% and even I can't say that a new Camaro looks better than a new Mustang. The Challenger has both beat looks wise.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Do what I do when I get tired of DD'ing my Lightning, don't drive it for a week! Then you'll come crawling back and begging forgiveness haha.

By the way, you and I have similar setups! I too have a Lightning that tows my RXP, and a chevy car that gets 28 mpg highway!

Haha... It's been almost a month without driving the Lightning other than just up and down the road a couple miles once to charge the battery and I still have no desire to drive it anymore. My main problem is I need a truck for truck uses and I hate downgrading so it's a pretty good chance I'll keep my Lightning. But the Seadoo RXP's are hella fun, aren't they?

Anyhow, I'm not even really sure I truly want the SS. Commuting one way to work 45 minutes and then 45 minutes back, the gas savings, and the V6 is typically around a 7k cheaper car, cosmetically identical, and not to mention this V6 is pretty much a dead on match to a stock Lightning in quickness. Posted specs like say, 0-60 is within 1/10th of a second. So it's a sharp looking, still zippy and fast, and gets good gas mileage (compared to what I'm used to with V8's). I might just stick with this car. Every time I get behind the wheel of it, I just love driving it and instantly forget about the SS V8 model. But,.. I can tend to be very prideful about the vehicle I drive and could potentially get the SS just for the pride and prestige of having the better up the line model (kinda the same reason I've owned Lightnings over regular F150's - yes, I've had more than one Gen II L hence another reason why I'm so burned out on them.)

Last edited:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Two problems in this thread...

#1. The Camaro
#2. The Sea Poo!

Although I can't say much as I went from:

DSC01494.jpg

To the dark side (at least I stayed true to my PWC)

DSC_0169.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread