Oh man... It's sad, but true....

itSSlow98

Established Member
Buy the SS and put a trailer hitch on it. Jet skis arent that heavy and an SS would tow it easily. Problem solved.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Two problems in this thread...

#1. The Camaro
#2. The Sea Poo!

Although I can't say much as I went from:

DSC01494.jpg

To the dark side (at least I stayed true to my PWC)

DSC_0169.jpg

GPR? Gulp.. I had one... Sucking in power valves, carbs constantly needing rebuilding, crank seal air leaks, you name it...lol.

Img_1564.jpg

Img_1568.jpg

My SeaDoo is light years above the Yamaha! Right down to the ergonomics and everything! The seat on the GPR is so wide that you feel like you're doing splits or riding a bull while riding it, lol. :bash:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Lol.. to each their own! :p It's all good bro just figured I would give you a hard time other than about the Camaro

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I don't even own a lightning... However, it looks like you need some real mods. Why don't you keep the lighting and put a bigger blower on it... like a Whipple. If that's not enough throw in a stroker.

If you're serious about the SS, then keep the lightning to use as a truck and trade the v6 towards the SS.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Why don't you keep the lighting and put a bigger blower on it... like a Whipple.

One of my best friends said the same thing- The Lightning is paid for, out of warranty, so you're basically free to do anything you want to it. My reply is... I want the vehicle I'm going to be driving everyday non-stop to be the fun one and also, like I said, I just don't have the passion to drive it anymore. So if it had a million horsepower it still wouldn't get me more excited about driving it. I'd rather put the money towards a new vehicle that I'm at least excited to drive! :rolling:

If you're serious about the SS, then keep the lightning to use as a truck and trade the v6 towards the SS.

Yea, good news. I definitely need a truck and I'm definitely not the type of person to downgrade (i.e. get a POS "beater" to replace the L). Rolling into the campground yesterday where I launch my Seadoo I was getting comments on the truck and Seadoo left and right. They just look too good together and I had the best looking truck there! :rockon: So it looks like I'm definitely keeping it. It would suck dropping down to a dirty rust bucket for the sake of stepping up to the V8 in my car when I'm actually very happy with the V6 Camaro. After all, it still has the same 0-60 as a Lightning and even a little more top speed so I think that's very commendable for a naturally aspirated V6 plus I get the 28mpg for my 90 minute work commute. So I think I'm going to stick with the V6 in the car anyway... Otherwise, I can get a 0% APR loan through GM on leftover 11's and the savings on interest would nearly make up the difference I would of needed requiring trading the Lightning in anyway if I end up deciding to go that route, but the Lightning is definitely staying and no longer a factor in the possible car upgrade (which I probably wont do anyway).
icon12.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread