Oil Consumption? Anyone else burning a TON of oil?

SicShelby09

Banned
You change your own oil or have it done somewhere? Seen too many cases where the idiots didn't realize how much oil these new 5.0's hold and didn't put enough back in it.

I have not had the first oil change yet. I was going to wait until like 4000 miles. The oil on the stick once it was filled up to full by me was a little dirty too. I will be doing the change by me in a week or two.

phack

Established Member
Mine burned about 1 quart in the first 7-800 miles but isn't burning anything now at 1500.

02reaper

Established Member
Mine used 2 quarts in the first 4000 miles. I kept a check on it since it was new and added it as needed. It has almost 7000 miles now and hasn't used a drop since around 4000 miles. If you don't check it to begin with and it runs low, that can be the cause of some of these engines going out also. To the guy above who had none on his dipstick, I wouldn't be surprised if yours was already hurt from the low oil.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Wtf? I've have not heard of any car burning oil like that even at 100k.

Last edited:

Joshua484

Established Member
More than likely, with the OP's car burning that much oil, there's a broken ring land or two. Pull cyl #8 spark plug 1st and check it for oil. Also I would have the dealership do a leak down compression test, that could tell you a lot of valuable information and eliminate the guess work.

FastRedPonyCar