Oil everywhere!!! Help!

venomous03svt_1

venomous03svt_1
Established Member
took my car around the block, it was running hella funny at WOT kinda jerky and sputtery? I got home and there was SMOKE pouring out from the hood!
i looked under and there is oil all over the passenger side head and dripping on to my x-pipe. I Cant Tell Where Its Comming From?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
:bash:

check the vary right plug. FU&K!!
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

venomous03svt_1

venomous03svt_1
Established Member
wow! just checked the plugs and on one, the spark arm is halfway blown off! and two others are chipped and almost looks a lil melted? what will happen to the piece of plug that got to my cylinder?
BTW i cant get good enough pics to post, my camera f#$in SUCKS!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
wow! just checked the plugs and on one, the spark arm is halfway blown off! and two others are chipped and almost looks a lil melted? what will happen to the piece of plug that got to my cylinder?
BTW i cant get good enough pics to post, my camera f# SUCKS!

either you get lucky and nothing happens, it stays airborne and finds its way out the tail pipe, or it finds its way between the piston and cylinder walls and makes you cry yourself to sleep that night.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Get some pics up! Was it running fine when you noticed the burning oil?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
well need better pics of the plugs. Also id do a compression test while they are out, you can get a tester for $20 at harbor freight, vatozone, kragens, etc.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Compression check. It will tell you if something is wrong. It takes all of 20min and is the cheapest way to see if the motor itself needs further diagnosis or if it is an external issue (ie something not motor related, be it sensors, etc)

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Should all be within 10%, ideally all within 5%. Anything above 150 I would consider good, anything over 180 is excellent.

venomous03svt_1

venomous03svt_1
Established Member
Should all be within 10%, ideally all within 5%. Anything above 150 I would consider good, anything over 180 is excellent.

if this ^^ is true, than im fuc#ed! or my compression tester sucks. im gonna try again but according to my tester, my compression is all over the map! cylinders 5-8 (passenger side) are from 140-155 and cylinders 1-4 (drivers side) is 80-115! WTF! ???

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if this ^^ is true, than im fuc#ed! or my compression tester sucks. im gonna try again but according to my tester, my compression is all over the map! cylinders 5-8 (passenger side) are from 140-155 and cylinders 1-4 (drivers side) is 80-115! WTF! ???

ouch.

on a healthy motor, your lowest cylinder should be within 10-15% of your highest cylinder. So if its 180 highest, lowest can be 155. of course, the less of a spread, the healthier and more efficient the motor is.

i think around 180psi is good. I have 180psi across on my passenger bank, and drivers bank is 135-155-165-175. Leakdown shows leaking through exhaust, which means i have some burnt exhaust valves on the drivers side.

Make sure you are doing the test on a warm motor (unless you dont want to run it), otherwise you cant really **** up a compression test, it either works or it doesnt. Next step is a leakdown test to see exactly what is causing low compression.

btw im pretty sure passenger bank is cylinders 1-4 starting from font to firewall, and drivers bank is 5-8 starting from front and ending at the firewall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread