oil filter adapter leaks

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
If the gaskets are different, are the block adapters different as well?

Ray

The block side should be larger and will require the blue 70801 gasket, but the oil cooler adapter should have a smaller opening and will work with the larger blue gasket perfectly.

Just like this first pic:

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club - View Single Post - Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

As you can see, the blue gasket will be fine with either oil cooler, but DOES require the blue block gasket for it to seal properly against the block itself.

dark-knight

Established Member
i have a oil leak that sprays out somewhere and i cant seem to find out where. would this oil cooler be able to actually spray out oil on the driverside? oil gets on my header, K-member, and steering shaft.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
i have a oil leak that sprays out somewhere and i cant seem to find out where. would this oil cooler be able to actually spray out oil on the driverside? oil gets on my header, K-member, and steering shaft.

Is your Mach an automatic? If so, then it should have an oil cooler. The 5 spds have an oil filter adapter.

There is a chance your oil cooler (if auto) or oil filter adapter (5spd) is leaking oil. Check the oil pressure sensor at the end of it. Chances are it is where the oil is spraying from.

There's a few threads on M1R that address your specific problem, so I suggest looking there.

dark-knight

Established Member
i have a MMR stroker block with a ported eaton swap. with a cobra oil cooler. so its just like a 03-04 cobra.

ElSid

Neet O-Ring specifics

WOW, I just developed this leak and the stealership sold me the "big {block} gasket" for the adapter to the block on my stock 01 Cobra. Can someone please give me specifics (e.g. part number) for the O-Ring that they bought at the local hardware/auto shop? Getting the 1/2" socket (double nutting a bolt did not work for me :( ) tonight and need the car running ASAP. Thanks

BTW: slick4_6 diagrams (post 3) do not show up for me, so I hope some one re-posts them (unless this is it http://www.ebay.com/itm/F6ZZ6L621AA-Ford-Gasket-/350867896101). Do I need both O-rings 6L621 and 6840? Do I need to drain the coolant? Not clear in the previous posts. I've already drained the oil ... did a coolant flush 5 weeks ago and I'm not looking to drain the system if I can avoid it. Torquing it down tonight first

Update: Torqued the oil filter shaft about 1 turn to 45 ft-lbs. Still have a leak this morning ... much slower though. Can someone point out which is the $0.33 o-ring off of http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php?products_id=967? Can I remove the spindle without without draining the coolant? My other car is on blocks which is why I am avoiding the coolant drain on my daily driver

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread