Oil filter relocation kit

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Since I have the hellion kit I have to run a tiny little oil filter, and believe it or not I am a huge fan of stock stuff. I have always ran a stock oil filter on all of my cars. I am not ver confident in this puny bs walmart brand oil filter. Is the relocation kit any good? I am thinking about doing the whole Amsoil relocation kit on my car. But I am not sure what all is out there. I just want to make sure with all I have done to my car I am not screwing up the single most important part. Thanks for any help guys.

TRBO VNM

i would either do the mobil 1 or amsoil filter, but even cost on the amsoil filter is very high. I will be using the mobil 1 filter, and I am an amsoil dealer..lol

I would just use one of those filters.no need to spend the money on a relocation kit if it isn't needed.

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
i have a Kar Kraft kit FS if you still need something

it also uses a huge oil filter much bigger than stock

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have 2 different kits available on our website, one is $119, the other is $219, both include the large Ford FL1A filter, you can get them through one of the site sponsors here such as Excessive or any MMR parts dealer.

www.modularmustangracing.com
7.jpg

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The larger filter is a common stocking item @ most parts stores, but the larger filter (Ford FL1A) will not screw onto the factory location because it has a different thread size, it is designed for aftermarket relocation kits such as the MMR or Maximum motorsports.

Hope this answers your question, if not let us know how we can help!

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
The larger filter is a common stocking item @ most parts stores, but the larger filter (Ford FL1A) will not screw onto the factory location because it has a different thread size, it is designed for aftermarket relocation kits such as the MMR or Maximum motorsports.

Hope this answers your question, if not let us know how we can help!

I have an MMR relocation kit (it rocks). I am using a large puralator for the 5.0's now but would like to get the ford racing filter. I'll try another dealer.

Last edited:

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
ill show you some of mine. now just keep in mind, that i went with an evans cooling system( external oil cooler, thermostat, oil distribution block and so on) but you get the idea anyway. sorry , but i never got around taking pics of the when we put the braided lines on. but here you go, hope this kinda helps

Luispics165.jpg

Luispics162.jpg

Luispics166.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread