Oil Filter Wrench with Chassis number?

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I read a while back that people were getting oil filter wrenches for their GT350s embossed with their chassis number. Is this still happening. Mine is a 2017 GT350 and I made an appointment with my dealer for it's first oil change. However, the dealer said that they were not aware of ordering any such item for the GT350.

Is this not happening anymore?

Osiris

Established Member
I have a 16 bought used. I never got one either. Ford says one should be sent, but nothing ever came. It probably went to the original owner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They only go to the original owner.

If your GT350 was built after January of 2017, IIRC the date of the switch from traditional oil filter to the cartridge, you won't be getting one either.

Osiris

Established Member
Yeah, I figured...I need to find that guy...He has my stuff! lol

Car was built on 9/11/15...I assume that means I have the original style. I've just let the dealer do it so far....

sbrooks

Established Member
Yeah, I figured...I need to find that guy...He has my stuff! lol

Car was built on 9/11/15...I assume that means I have the original style. I've just let the dealer do it so far....

I am trying to find the original owner if mine also. He has my stuff as well

galaxy

Established Member
I ordered a regular filter before I discovered I have a cartridge. When that thing showed up, I could not believe how small it was. I’m surprised at the size of both styles for taking care of 10 quarts of oil.

Established Member
I ordered a regular filter before I discovered I have a cartridge.

I ordered two... Had to make an emergency trip to the local dealer to get the right one. I like the design and the change is not too bad once I found a 27mm socket.

Users who are viewing this thread