oil leak on 08 Gt500 where is it coming from?

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Ok guys well I was changing the oil on it the other night for the first time i've had the car for about a week now. I get under it notice a penzoil filter. Well on the filter was a bunch oil residue an it was dark so I shine my light above the filter location an notice oil deposits on the longtube's an on a little black pipe that runs to the coolant hoses an just pretty much everywhere in the area of the filter an up OIL EVERYWHERE..not to to to bad tho... does anyone know what could be leaking oil up there car only has 14k miles. Could it be the valve cover? what do yall think

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Pics would help but based on the miles i would not think valve covers. But it could be left over oil from last oil change from a cheap oil shop

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
I have some pics on my phone but I don't really know how to upload them on here. I was thinking it may be the oil filter o ring was bad an could have been spraying out of it. ill try an get the pics on here

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Clean the under side of the engine very well, i mean spotless. Than go to autzone or any auto parts store and buy some UV die that can be added into engine oil. Than on your next oil change use a UV light and some UV glasses and will see the leak clear as day thats what we always do at my shop when we need to find oil leaks. Its possible the the penzoil filter he was using was just leaking, but just to be safe I would go that route.

Last edited:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Might be oil galley plug....previous owner may not have noticed it or knew where it was coming from. Mine was loose and dealer had to tighten it up.

Users who are viewing this thread