Oil Seperator

kbrolly

Established Member
Are you guys running an oil separator on your GT500's and if so what kind is recommended. I plan on doing some drag racing with my car and was wondering if the Shelby's need the oil seperator like the 5.0's do. I have added a tubular K-member with Boss 302 lower A-arms, cat delete 3" H-pipe, aluminum driveshaft, and adjustable upper and lower control arms in the rear. The car also has a VMP blower on it, so I just want to make sure that no un-wanted oil gets back into the intake area.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Yes, the GT500 needs one on the passenger side. Popular choice is the JLT oil separator, which is the one I've got.
You'd want to check it every month or so.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
Bobs is an awesome and beautiful piece... JLT's is simple install and works just as well now that they revised it. Can't go wrong with either, it comes down to the coin.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
All brands listed above are fine. When u start making more boost (21+psi)you will need a breather/catch system to vent crank case pressure. I just did mine last night.

kw_rc

Established Member
Question: Do you need them on both sides or just the passenger side? It seems like most people just do the passenger side. Why?

...oh yeah, I'm using the JLT on the passenger side ;-)

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Question: Do you need them on both sides or just the passenger side? It seems like most people just do the passenger side. Why?

Mine on the passenger side collects oil; the one on the driver's side stays as dry as the day I installed it. Buy that one when and if you need it.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I use a jlt on the passenger side. I don't run the drivers side because nobody ever seems to report very much coming out of that side.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I had just one on the passenger side, it picked up a lot of oil. I got a driver side because of everything the passenger picked up and its been dry the whole time. Maybe in the spring when the car gets raced again it'll collect some but its been a waste of money so far (driver side)

Users who are viewing this thread