Oil Temp Gauge Question

RangerDLA

Established Member
*Forgive me if this has been answered before*

Does the oil temp gauge climbing (past halfway point in green) relate to the engine heat soaking? Example: After a spirited run through the gears high into fourth, the oil temp gauge climbs past the halfway point in the green normal range. It's never gotten much higher than that, but I want to make sure I'm not hurting it. If this gauge does relate to heat soak, would a heat exchanger swap cure it? Thanks in advance guys

rwboring

Established Member
Air intake temp would be a better indication, for oil temp I would want it up on the gauge a little before I got on it.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
*Forgive me if this has been answered before*

Does the oil temp gauge climbing (past halfway point in green) relate to the engine heat soaking? Example: After a spirited run through the gears high into fourth, the oil temp gauge climbs past the halfway point in the green normal range. It's never gotten much higher than that, but I want to make sure I'm not hurting it. If this gauge does relate to heat soak, would a heat exchanger swap cure it? Thanks in advance guys

It' just the oil pressure climbing which is a good thing. If it went down from the norm... then I would be concerned

Snoopy49

Established Member
It' just the oil pressure climbing which is a good thing. If it went down from the norm... then I would be concerned

He is talking temp, not pressure.

OIL TEMP
Displays the engine oil temperature. If the temperature rises to the red area, stop in a safe place and let the vehicle cool. If the problem persists, see your authorized dealer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread