Ok, How did you do it?

machstang23

Established Member
I am going to pick up my 1st ever cobra in less than 24 hours and I'm already too excited... I don't know how I'm going to get any sleep tonight!

It's on 03, completely stock, 70k miles, silver w/ chrome wheels. It's nothing super special, but I am stoked to finally own a cobra! man tomorrow can't get here fast enough... (it's like being 6 on christmas eve!)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Trust me man, the day/night will drag by...
I remember I had to wait 2 weeks to get mine after I put a down payment on it b/c the previous owner paid the loan off and was waiting on the title to come in the mail. It was miserable!
But in the end, it will be worth it. It truly is a feeling better than Christmans.
I drove mine home about 5 hours with my dad, and it was special moment between the old pops and I.

machstang23

Established Member
yeah, I have about a 5 hr drive home after I pick mine up as well... But I'm looking forward to the drive, it'll give me a chance to get to know the car.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
IT will be great i remember when i bought mine and drove 2hours home and ill called my dad like 17times on the way home(He was following me) and was like im driving a cobra WHOOOOO!!!

stangaholic280

Established Member
Honestly this is good practice for you. It won't be the last time you are waiting to drive it. Wait til you start putting on big mods!! Enjoy it, you are about to have a LOT of fun! :)

Tapp

SVT
Established Member
oh man, i cant wait for that day!!!

about to get into a new job, so i decided to wait till end of summer to get mine...

seems like forever

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't get any sleep the night before I bought mine! Congrats, and check it over well.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I bought mine new & could not sleep the night after I bought it & before I picked it up!but I pulled it off the lot sideways with a smile the next day!!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I never even planned on buying mine but when I drove it home I was giddy as hell. I kept going into the garage to look at it.

boatcop1

Established Member
I agree, but compared to some of the beasts on this forum, I just meant it's an all stock DD... but yeah to me definitely special!

LOL I used to feel the same way but the reality of it is once you do the basic stuff to it you are ahead of 80% of the cars out there and every car guy on the road knows it. You will be respected on the road and people will look at your car and you can almost read their lips when they smack their buddy and say "holy shit dude it's a Terminator". Welcome to the Cult.:beer:

jimbob8915

Established Member
I bought mine on ebay. Took a couple days to get paperwork done (faxing back an forth). Then arranging a shipper to my home in Cali from Texas. Was supposed to be 2 weeks, took 1 MONTH. I actually had to make a car payment before I got her. When it showed up it was filthy from being on a trailer in the rain and the cars above it leaked and dripped crap on my baby. After a exterior detail with clay and wax she was good as new. After 2 1/5 years I still sometimes go out to stare at my car LOL.

machstang23

Established Member
LOL I used to feel the same way but the reality of it is once you do the basic stuff to it you are ahead of 80% of the cars out there and every car guy on the road knows it. You will be respected on the road and people will look at your car and you can almost read their lips when they smack their buddy and say "holy shit dude it's a Terminator". Welcome to the Cult.:beer:

haha, the cult, well if I gotta drink the cool-aid to keep the car... Gimme a damn cup already!

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
I bought mine on a impulse buy. I was in the neighborhood and I went by and looked at it and then come home with it however I was so excited when I was looking at it that I didnt even pay attention to the exhaust leak, but that was no big deal. I have loved every minute with it

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I bought mine on a impulse buy. I was in the neighborhood and I went by and looked at it and then come home with it however I was so excited when I was looking at it that I didnt even pay attention to the exhaust leak, but that was no big deal. I have loved every minute with it

Same thing as me. I was bored on a saturday and wanted to check it out. Was the only Terminator I've ever driven. Almost got wood on the test drive! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread