Ok so going to look at this shuga momma Saturday, what do you think?

fr03cobra

Established Member
hopefully it has not been beat down too much. Looks like he does alot of racing. Looks nice though. I would personally get one that has not been beat up. I rather be the one beaten on it that way I know how it was beaten on. lol

RedfireSVT

Established Member
I'll bet that stock pulley just went back on. That's 14,000 HARD driven miles for sure. Personally I wouldn't go near it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it weren't for the roll cage and the seats I'd ask why you guys thought it was driven hard. Seeing the roll cage tells me this bad boy likely was running in the 10s or that was his goal. In other words, driven VERY hard. I would find out just how much this car was raced before I bought it. Because assuming it was driven hard at the track that price is not good at all. JMO though. But definitely proceed with a lot of caution. Ask all the right questions and check it out thoroughly before making a decision.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Yeah, what all should I look for in order to tell if it was beat on? I mean it is kind of hard to tell isn't it?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I would dig through the glovebox for receipts or any paperwork that might identify the previous owner. Do what you can to get his name and talk to him first. I'd have a hard time buying any Cobra if I couldn't talk to the previous owner...especially a car like this.

Take the VIN to a Ford dealer and have them run it through OASIS. See if the warranty was voided or if it has any other interesting warranty history. If it was purchased late in '03, it may actually have some warranty remaining.

Make sure this is a car you'll be keeping for awhile. If you own it for a short time and decide to sell it, you could have problems unloading it. Just look at some of the reactions in this thread. A lot of buyers wouldn't touch that car with a 10 foot pole just because of the roll-bar.

Are those drag radials??? :uh oh:

GodStang

Established Member
Look in the wheel wells and underneither the back bumper near the rear tires. Alot of times people miss cleaning that area and if you find tons of rubber you know it was ran hard. Don' t ask me how I know.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
When I saw the pics of the rollbar and raceseats , but then the engine looked stocked , this guy definately took some things off. Caution is the word of the day !

beabout

Established Member
go look but, do not buy...

looks like its been rode real hard and put up very wet... :coolman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
ah geez, i want this car guys. I will get ahold of the owner first and talk to him about it. Thanks for all your help guys.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
I know I know, It is just hard to find one good for me because I have to trade my truck in on it because nobody wants to buy the gas hog. I'm gonna try to hold back anyway.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Alright so I went and looked at it. It was in good shape but like all you guys said the previous owner probably beat on it. I am going to PATIENTLY wait, haha. My neighbor owns a car dealership in my town and he is going to a "special cars" auction next Thrusday in KC and is hoping that there will be a Cobra there. Wish me luck fellas:)

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
I'd buy it...but thats just me, it already has the cage and seats/seat delete, so I guess it comes down to what you plan on doing with the car? DD? Race? Street/strip??

Last edited:

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
I'd buy it...but thats just me, it already has the cage and seats/seat delete, so I guess it comes down to what you plan on doing with the car? DD? Race? Street/strip??

Yeah well I already have a DD so I won't be driving it all of the time. The thing that got me was the idiot salesman said the previous owner rebuilt the whole engine, it only has 15K on it so I was wondering why he would have done that so soon too. And when the car was idling I thought I heard a ticking sound coming from the engine. I have heard many things about the "tick" and I am pretty sure it is bad. I'm not too familiar with it but I think it isn't good.

Users who are viewing this thread