Ok, so next exhaust choice!

Turbosixx

Established Member
I hate to say it but I think GT500's sound better.

Like I told before, You're gonna be the authority on 5.0 axle backs!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I hate to say it but I think GT500's sound better.

Like I told before, You're gonna be the authority on 5.0 axle backs!

I am only on my 5th one...and all inexpensive stuff. LOL.

I may grab another set of GT500s for comparison sake. You know, WTF not?

Mike

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
sounds good, that WOT run sounded all too familar... almost identical to my setup.

The angle of those mufflers and how the tips fill the cutouts in the bumper bother me though.

If your happy thats all that counts.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
sounds good, that WOT run sounded all too familar... almost identical to my setup.

The angle of those mufflers and how the tips fill the cutouts in the bumper bother me though.

If your happy thats all that counts.

I am almost happy. I am putting in a set of 3 inch Race Bullets, where the resonators once were, tomorrow (hopefully) to tame it down just a bit. No cats, no resonators and straight through mufflers is still a little savage, especially on an X-pipe.

We will see.

Mike

4-keeps

Established Member
I am almost happy. I am putting in a set of 3 inch Race Bullets, where the resonators once were, tomorrow (hopefully) to tame it down just a bit. No cats, no resonators and straight through mufflers is still a little savage, especially on an X-pipe.

We will see.

Mike

Good luck Mike, I'm not sure about the sound are the looks from the video/pictures. But I know its a hard decisions to fine the right ones with so many choices on the market. I haven't make a move yet with that being said.

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
I am only on my 5th one...and all inexpensive stuff. LOL.

I may grab another set of GT500s for comparison sake. You know, WTF not?

Mike

Im thinking that if you dont like your current setup, you should buy some and put them on. And if you dont like them, Ill buy them for whatever price you paid. Im getting some, its just a matter of when.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Good luck Mike, I'm not sure about the sound are the looks from the video/pictures. But I know its a hard decisions to fine the right ones with so many choices on the market. I haven't make a move yet with being said.

The problem is that this car is not an old school 5.0 where the formula was easy and everyone knew it. Getting the exhaust sound I have in my head to come out of the pipes has been very, very difficult.

Im thinking that if you dont like your current setup, you should buy some and put them on. And if you dont like them, Ill buy them for whatever price you paid. Im getting some, its just a matter of when.

Sounds like a plan! LOL.

Mike

Turbo900rr

Established Member
The problem is that this car is not an old school 5.0 where the formula was easy and everyone knew it. Getting the exhaust sound I have in my head to come out of the pipes has been very, very difficult.

Sounds like a plan! LOL.

Mike

I think that's what a lot of manufactures are trying to duplicate as far as sound is the old 5.0 flowmaster sound but because of the new technology with the variable cam timing as well as the basic differences in bore and stroke it's super difficult to find the magic exhaust setup.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I think that's what a lot of manufactures are trying to duplicate as far as sound is the old 5.0 flowmaster sound but because of the new technology with the variable cam timing as well as the basic differences in bore and stroke it's super difficult to find the magic exhaust setup.

I think maybe that is where they are failing. I realize that sound is going to be difficult to achieve. I would actually be quite happy with more of an exotic high winding type of sound. The problem is, while this motor has more in common with something like a Ferrari, than an iron block 302, I think Ford wanted it to sound something like an iron block 302. It has a personality disorder and can get very ratty, very easily. I think the ultimate setup is probably the full Stainless Works deal, from LTs back...with high flow cats. Maybe down the road.

MIke

mikestoyz

Established Member
I think maybe that is where they are failing. I realize that sound is going to be difficult to achieve. I would actually be quite happy with more of an exotic high winding type of sound. The problem is, while this motor has more in common with something like a Ferrari, than an iron block 302, I think Ford wanted it to sound something like an iron block 302. It has a personality disorder and can get very ratty, very easily. I think the ultimate setup is probably the full Stainless Works deal, from LTs back...with high flow cats. Maybe down the road.

MIke

From the factory, it has a howl. Stainless works works good to emphasize that but, I dont want to spend that money

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
From the factory, it has a howl. Stainless works works good to emphasize that but, I dont want to spend that money

I think SW is best when you have the whole deal...from longtubes back. Nothing sounds better, from the literally thousands of videos I have watched on YouTube and the cars I have seen in person.

I agree though, it is big bucks...and you have to consider the price of installing the headers as well. That is not a driveway job, at least not for this old man. LOL.

Second best just may be the GT500s with no resonators. With the stock H, it had a choppy, poppy and burbling V-8 sound that was really quite nice. With the 3 inch X, it was smoother and more refined with a higher pitch.

I am hoping to find the magic here once again. :rolling:

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I think SW is best when you have the whole deal...from longtubes back. Nothing sounds better, from the literally thousands of videos I have watched on YouTube and the cars I have seen in person.

I agree though, it is big bucks...and you have to consider the price of installing the headers as well. That is not a driveway job, at least not for this old man. LOL.

Second best just may be the GT500s with no resonators. With the stock H, it had a choppy, poppy and burbling V-8 sound that was really quite nice. With the 3 inch X, it was smoother and more refined with a higher pitch.

I am hoping to find the magic here once again. :rolling:

Mike
lol hit up beefcake man, he got me a damn good deal on the Lts with catted x. i listened to so many exhaust vids and almost went to the GT500 route, but glad i held out and got the full SW.

Users who are viewing this thread