OK, some wild perf speculation fun, based on whipple

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Check out this link: Whipple for 05 GT

They are getting about 440rwhp/458rwtq on the 05 3 vavle 4.6L and actually quoting 1/4 mile times of 11.81 with a manual trans.

So, with a 5.4 4 valver and a whipple (if it's a whipple), it seems like it'd be tough to produce less rwhp with the 5.4 than the supposedly difficult to supercharge 4.6 3 valver. But .. not for serious debate, but for fun, it gets interesting to speculate what the GT500 combo will do outta the box & pullied, seems that the new chassis and solid axle got some good #'s from whipple - albeit on street drag radials as they footnote, we all know traction and tires will be an issue. But this whipple ad got me a little excited & thought I'd share it.

Dave. :burnout:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
IF they do build it with any type of 2.2l twin scew, 10's and 600 rwhp will be basic bolt ons and a tune away. Lets hope... Thats the best prediction i can give. If not, then performance will be slightly better than 03/04, and tough to launch due to two things. 1) more torque from more cubes and 2) still a positive displacement blower (even more torque).

Fourcam330

Established Member
You can't compare a 3v 4.6 to a 5.4L GT/R head twin screw. GT500 power will be 600rwhp with pulley/tune, and 700+ with full exhaust, CAI, pulley, tune.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Yea FourCam, that's what I'm thinkin, if they get that perf from the 4.6 3 valver, how's Ford going to get only the same or less power from the that 5.4 setup .. and if you stick a pulley on there & take her to 12psi - 14psi. Well, did I mention I was a little excited?

I bet the first MM&FF article on the GT500 test, has them doing a pulley / tuneup & turning 680rwhp with the first try, and in the tens with trackside tweeking.

(Oh, and before someone goes nuts, I know we can get these numbers out of our 03/04's with the right, more involved, setups too, but leave me to my excitement in this speculative thread please)

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
yea but some of us will never know how fast they will go cause the local track won't let you run under 11.50's without a rollcage.i am not putting that in my car.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
If you look at the picture of the blower, it looks like it's a smaller blower than the one on the Ford GT. It looks to me like the "pulley" is already very small, and maybe you won't be able to go much smaller with this blower. I hope it is a 2.2L whipple, but I wouldn't doubt if Ford put a smaller blower on, which would limit the power that comes out pullied and tuned engines.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
i saw the small pulley as well, and was wondering the same thing.. but maybe the crank pulley is small too also.lol

Users who are viewing this thread