Okay...what do you guys make of this?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
I use 845 and don't get anything like this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQFkWRfRhw]YouTube - Wet Obsession Wax Drying[/ame]

mixxer

Established Member
Thats a drying technique called flooding. Flood the paint from top down and there is almost no drying. The more you spray the car the more water drops. Not really sure of the purpose of the vid but ?

Steve2050

Established Member
Mixxer, is this more to do with technique or the product used? In other words, would a different product be as effective?:shrug:

danponjican

Established Member
A good carnauba should perform like that. This is an M3 I did last week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU5WQQ34xBw]YouTube - GuruWax Water Sheeting on BMW M3[/ame]

Jefe

Established Member
Wet Obsession. The guy I buy my stuff through swears by it!

Home

100_2315.gif

img_34812.jpg

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Last edited:

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
It has to do with technique not product

Okay.....so it's time to toss the ol' nozzle I suppose. It would be nice to not have to battle with the damn water spots as bad as I do now. Is it reasonable to expect 845 to give me a similar sheeting action or does this only happen with a good carnauba?

I'm kinda pissed I've never seen anything like this before. I've been killing myself after washing....I always ended up having to hit the whole car with a QD after drying to get the spots off, adding a good 30 minutes to the wash!!! :fm:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thats a drying technique called flooding. Flood the paint from top down and there is almost no drying. The more you spray the car the more water drops. Not really sure of the purpose of the vid but ?

werd. "flooding" or "Sheeting", i actually figured this out when i was a kid washing mom and dads cars. as the water sheets, it helps grab smaller water globules and take them with the sheet.

I dont really use it anymore, only places it comes in handy for is the hood/roof or any flat top areas. Too many contours on the sides of most cars for it to be effective there.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
So Adam's polishes are not their own? We'll thats a bummer, thats all I have been using.

Correct, now they may tweek the formula or add colors to be different but you are paying more for Adam's when you could buy Chemical Guys. Detailed Image has a sale on stuff right now. Also $5 flat rate shipping

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
Wet Obsession is another Chemical Guy private label.

Actually, Wet Obsession is not the exact same as the Chemical Guys product. It is derived from one of their products, but is custom blended.

You can get a private label from CG and you can also have products custom blended as well. There is just a minimum order requirement. To get a custom blend you have to have a big batch made.

danponjican

Established Member
Actually, Wet Obsession is not the exact same as the Chemical Guys product. It is derived from one of their products, but is custom blended.

You can get a private label from CG and you can also have products custom blended as well. There is just a minimum order requirement. To get a custom blend you have to have a big batch made.

+1 I can vouch for this to be true.

keblmo

Banned
WATCH OUT NOW!!!!!

here comes the dodo juice PIMP!
check this out skillet..........

cobrawater007.jpg

cobrawater008.jpg

cobrawater011.jpg

cobrawater016.jpg

cobrawater017.jpg

now thats some major sheeting action......!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It's all a bunch of SHEET!!

I wonder how much some of these waxes ACTUALLY cost to produce compared to what we're paying for them....

Users who are viewing this thread