Old brittle wiring

First-on-race-day

Established Member
So how are you guys that are working on the 03-04 cobras dealing with the age of the car. For example old wiring, needing to replace everything bc everything is worn out. Issues here and there. Im kind of just getting tired of all the small odd issues. Thinking of getting rid of it for something slightly newer like a 11-12 gt500. Anyone else going through this dilema??

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not really having a problem with brittle wiring. My problem is all the loom is starting to fall apart and looks horrible. I know I'm going to have to recover all that eventually.

Rambro

Established Member
I'm not really having a problem with brittle wiring. My problem is all the loom is starting to fall apart and looks horrible. I know I'm going to have to recover all that eventually.[/QUOTE
Where can you get the really small looming for the vacuum lines? I bought a bag of loom from summit but it didnt have the really small stuff.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a 17+ year old car now, so "odd issues" are inevitable. You won't be the first owner to think about switching to a newer vehicle like the 2011-2012 GT-500. If that's what you really want, go for it. The '03-'04 is one of those classic muscle-cars that will always be loved and sought after, and agonized over at times. Keep us informed as to what you end up doing.

olympic

Established Member
I re-taped my engine harness with self fusing silicone tape: Nice and stretchy and very durable.

1/8" split loom fits the small plastic vacuum lines perfectly:
This tubing is a nice replacement for the stock vacuum lines: If you run some mechanics wire inside of it and use a heat gun to heat it up you can bend it into any shape you need.

Users who are viewing this thread