"Old Man" S2000 Ricer and Close-Call With Sheriff

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I have one size larger turbo, the stock turbo is a td05 and the turbo I used is a td06.

Only 400? I have 2.0 liters of displacement man, and needless to say I havent seen any cobra's make 400 at the wheels bone stock. They're rated at 390 at the crank, not at the wheels.

Power without control is useless. That being said I run 11s, so whether I make 300, 400, or 500 it doesnt matter because the ETs and trap speeds are all that matter IMO.

When I get the launch more perfected the car should go mid 11s on pump gas. A little race gas tune and maybe we can see some low 11s on street tires.

I don't care who you are, that's fast to anyone.

awax_cobrastang said:
s2000 is rice.so is an evo. rice is rice it doesnt matter how fast it is, or how good it looks. u have a HUGE aftermarket turbo and yet only 400. cobras make that bone stock. all the money u put into the car u could have done so much better. i dont have a problem with you, i just didnt agree with your post.

REPCobra10

Established Member
4tun8 said:
I'm not upset, I just think it's hypocritical. You're busting his balls for doing unsafe acts, and then do them yourself. an S2000 isn't a ricer, it's a very nice car, they're not really set up for straight line performance, but in the turns they are killer.

I'm not being hypocritical man. How did I bust his balls for doing unsafe acts? I never once mentioned in my original post about anyone doing unsafe acts and I sure as Hell didn't flame the guy for doing anything unsafe. All I was busting his balls for was doing the typical ricer fly-by's, that is all. Also, I agree the S2000 is a nice car and I wasn't calling the car rice. Look in the post as I was referring to the driver as a ricer, not the car. I apoligize for any misunderstanding to anyone. Anyways, take it easy guys.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Maybe we need the definition of “rice” refined. My definition would be something like;
Rice, the act of modifying ones car in such a way as to not gain any real performance advantage but to appear so.
Modifications done in an unusually un-esthetic manner, typically “overdone” cosmetic modifications consisting of decals, plastic body panels and loud exhaust that offers no real gain in horse power.
:shrug:

Last edited:

04blackSVT

Established Member
awax_cobrastang said:
its my personal opinion so u dont have to understand it

Why are you calling someones vehicle "rice". Don't you own a Yamaha! Hench ricerocket! People like you give SVT owners who think their shit doesn't stink, a bad name.

Sometimes this website pisses me off, when ford owners think our cars are the greatest thing on earth and if you own anything other than a ford then your a piece of shit. I happen to enjoy all cars and I would own an EVO, STI, Z06, Z28, SS, SVT, GT, C5, C6, or any other sports car that is performance based. God forbid I post a race with my cobra loosing, everyone would call BS or the other car had hidden mods, or I can't drive. Well I am done ranting, I just don't see why people can just get along, and if you don't have nice too say, just don't say anything.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Yup, that car list are all my favorites too....they all have strong characteristics....easily modified.

They fit what I like to drive, and as a former domestic owner (t-bird SC, 2x camaro) I like the little import cars for right now.

I think I'll try a few more of them before I come back to domestics =)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
awax_cobrastang said:
s2000 is rice.so is an evo. rice is rice it doesnt matter how fast it is, or how good it looks. u have a HUGE aftermarket turbo and yet only 400. cobras make that bone stock. all the money u put into the car u could have done so much better. i dont have a problem with you, i just didnt agree with your post.

well, what the Terminator has over the S2000 is 855 lbs(and that's for the Terminator coupe), so the S2000 dosn't need 400 hp to keep up with a Cobra..

A S2000 with would only have to make 285 hp at the wheels to have the same hp/weight ratio as a Terminator..

Or you can go out on a wing and say something like the Ariel Atom is "rice" as well.. since it's powered by a Honda 4 cylinder engine.. too bad it only weights 1000 lbs and has 300 hp.. just a little better than the 9.85 lbs/hp of the Cobra...

03gtcoupe

Banned
4tun8 said:
Yup, that car list are all my favorites too....they all have strong characteristics....easily modified.

They fit what I like to drive, and as a former domestic owner (t-bird SC, 2x camaro) I like the little import cars for right now.

I think I'll try a few more of them before I come back to domestics =)

Cool man, imports are the better product!! :beer:

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Maybe, honestly I'm partial to terminators though....I love them, I want to own one, but I don't want to give up what I have for one.

BiLL1024

Established Member
Maybe the guy in the S200 was late for his Proctologist appointment.
Nothing wrong with a car that does 11's, good for you!!!
Wish my Cobra did!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread